Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today's pleasing came by way of the click of the mouse. I purchased a kit that was on my list of wants. It's probably the rarest kit that will be in my stash. It's also a kit that probably excites only a hand full of modelers.. Hint.. I might be a little Koo Koo for buying it but I did and I'm happy as a squirrel who lives on a peanut farm.
  3. this is the 1/92 scale Atlantis models B-24J pacific raider kit it was a very nice e and simple to assemble kit those not balanced with the landing gear I had to glue some small pieces of metal inside the nose in front of the front landing gear to make it more front heavy so the front wheel would be on in contact with whatever surface I set the model on as it was more back heavy and would rest on the bottom gun turret and wing mounted landing gear over the nose landing gear and wing landing gear I was surprised there was no base for in flight display even though it came with the ball attachment for a base that could be glued to a optional slot on the bottom of the fuselage i got this kit the other day at ollies it was 12.99 B-24J liberator.mp4
  4. I would look forward to any of these. AMT has reissued the Chevy van many times and it seems about time they bring back the Open Road Camper version. I really hope to see Round 2 backdating or cloning many of the old MPC tools. I'd love to have an early style Pinto in the Runabout and wagon versions and really all the old car, truck and van kits they did would be nice in their earlier versions. Perhaps they could backdate the Dodge van, add the windows back to the clear tree and do a proper Cannonball van?
  5. Wow, this car is really taking shape. Digging all the brass fabrication…
  6. Great engine detail, paint and decal work. Shaping up to be a very nice car…
  7. "Missing on one cylinder" doesn't seem to be a well-known concept these days, 'cause I sure hear a lot of cars running like that.
  8. This is why I like the two piece wheels. You could use the wheel of choice(within reason) and the wheel back from the kit. I despise the new style (Moebius type) wheel. And to the OP, the wheel from the other kit appears to need a wheel back. Do you have the other kit the wheels are from?
  9. What do you mean " the engine is missing" ?
  10. Hey! Good thinking! You don't mind if I use that some day, do ya? More than one way to skin a cat, Len.... 🐈‍⬛
  11. Thank you very much for the information. I will be using this technique on my next build…
  12. I like the box art execution of the drag version. Awesome work!
  13. My predictions...another iteration of the new Dodge Charger tooling. And another new Bronco. Different trim level, maybe possibly a 4dr/
  14. Yeah, springs on this one. The very earliest versions had the torsion bar rear end, and i built that version a few years ago. Wasn't as tricky as people said it would be. I like how the headache rack turned out.
  15. Today
  16. Thanks for the barely deserved compliments fellas.
  17. Oh this one is awesome! I love it. Really looks the part and that camper is great. Be sure to add it to the “Post your RVs here” topic just a few below this one.
  18. Great start and a great backstory to inspire the build. I too find it very helpful to imagine a basic storyline behind a build to help inspire and guide the design and build process.
  1. Load more activity