#81 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,315 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

Does anyone know why there are cut lines on the underside of the hood? You can just make out the thinner square area toward the front of the hood in Eric's picture above.

One of the earlier issues may have had an optional thingy that stuck through the hood that required cutting the hole out..

#82 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

Does anyone know why there are cut lines on the underside of the hood? You can just make out the thinner square area toward the front of the hood in Eric's picture above.

Well we know the kit comes with optional dual paxtons, so I'm betting there was at some point a salt flats racer version of this that had the supercharger intakes poking from the front of the hood or some sort of scoop.

#83 Chuck Kourouklis

Chuck Kourouklis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

The whitewall Firestones are newly tooled. The newest tire pack has two sets of these: one with thin whitewalls like those pictured, the other set has wide white sidewalls. This latest version of the tire has accurate tread; prior to these, the tread was simply concentric straight lines like an implement tire. The sidewall detail is a bit more accurate too. Over the years, that tire (usually thought of as the "Trophy Series" tire) has been tooled numerous times.

WOW... I hadn't heard of the new Firestone pack! If they're sellin' 'em, I need several. Hope they do the same with the new Polyglas tires too - much as I detest the notion of G$$$Y$$$ getting ANY licensing revenue, there's just too much muscle outta Dyersville and Des Plaines on totally unsuitable rubber.