Model Cars Magazine Forum

1st gen Bronco Leadsled Kustom?

Thank you guys!  Your comments and support mean a lot!

This has been a really fun challenge....  and this little part is done!    now back to making that ramp for the bronco...:rolleyes:  at least i have a nice little stand alone model for the Columbus show tomorrow.

IMG_E0859.JPG

IMG_E0856.JPG

Sick, dude.

I am pretty much speechless at how incredible that bike is.

I didn't even notice the lack of footrests lol.

How did you get the carbon fiber decals to wrap around the forks so well? Tons of Micro Sol??

Ville, the exhaust tube you are seeing is actually round. It appears oval since it has been cut at a 45° angle sometimes referred to as a"bologna" slice in American english. Viewing it from an angle gives it an oval appearance. I saw this model in person last Saturday and it is stunning.

Edited by misterNNL
Misspelled work

Thank you all for the comments and compliments! 

On 3/8/2019 at 11:02 PM, Davoski said:

Any chance of footrests and brake levers?

hahaha.. you noticed that huh...   probably not at this point... the designer buggered that up a bit... and the frosted 3d printed material is super brittle and i was scared to drill for some foot pegs.

On 3/9/2019 at 2:02 PM, Spex84 said:

How did you get the carbon fiber decals to wrap around the forks so well? Tons of Micro Sol??

Thanks Chris!    yeah just a ton of Microsol...  I did try using the "amber" Scale motorsports carbon decals first, and the SOL just didnt touch them... I went to the standard gray carbon and it sucked down nicely.

On 3/9/2019 at 4:22 PM, Cool Hand said:

And on a final note that seat is crazy, was that the fiddly'ist part .

Thanks Luke!  Yeah that was a pain!  the worst part was the adhesive (vallejo matte varnish) I used to put the grommets down plugged the holes for the lacing... so i had to develop a technique to use less adhesive, and center them on the hole in the "leather".. the ones on the lean back portion are on both sides... I ended up doing all the grommets at least twice...  it was certainly a challenge.      

On 3/13/2019 at 10:03 AM, Jurva said:

How did you do that oval exhaust tube? I didn't see an explanation. Is it a kit part?

It is actually an oval.. I used some thin wall brass round tube and squished it carefully in some soft jaw pliers..  It took a couple pieces to get one that was clean without kinks,  but its a very short section, so that technique worked okay.

On 3/13/2019 at 12:49 PM, misterNNL said:

Ville, the exhaust tube you are seeing is actually round. It appears oval since it has been cut at a 45° angle sometimes revered to a"bologna" slice in American english. Viewing it from an angle gives it an oval appearance. I saw this model in person last Saturday and it is stunning.

Thanks tom!    Its a tiny little thing!   It was great seeing you!  are you heading to Detroit here in a couple weeks?   I'm trying to get a custom trike done for that..:unsure:  

Here are some photos of the bike sitting on a couple nickels, Glenn Marek took these at the Columbus show last Saturday.    Much better than what my phone can pull off.

IMG_0908.JPG

IMG_0909.JPG

IMG_0911.JPG

IMG_0910.JPG

Edited by Impalow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2019 at 7:48 PM, misterNNL said:

Any update since Columbus?

well kinda...  Im still working on finishing up some nearly done projects, but I've been gathering parts... 

I have this fun idea for a detachable half top using the 1960 Starliner roof, but i want to do the skin in transparent greenish glass.

So the plan is to cut up a couple starliners,  one will be the buck to vacuum form the clear roof, and the other will be chromed the "skeleton".    

The roof width is dead on, but the rear glass area will need to notched around the front tire of the motorcycle.

Should be a fun challenge, and really stunning if it comes out how it looks in my head.  

IMG_0905.thumb.JPG.708b5b13ffb0009c441f3c39952491ac.JPG61elcamino-roof.jpg.0f549df50c1126351b399108ffece8df.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...