Model Cars Magazine Forum

new for 2018

Bert

I'm hoping we'll be seeing some classic John Deere.  Of course then there will be the inevitable flame wars over the correct shades of Green and Yellow. 

LOL.  I love it, bring on the Massey Ferguson's and Minneapolis Molines!  I'd love to see a Kubota for a dio, they're everywhere around here.

I was just surprised that there will (presumably) be more than one tractor kit released, and the "Series" will not be a one and done type line. I mean, I'm hoping it IS the only tractor we'll see, but perhaps Revell-AG has other plans.

IIRC, Round2 did not acquire any of the agriculture related Ertl molds from RC2, so they are ineligible to participate in the "hotness". :lol:

Whoops, it didn't even dawn on me that the old kit was a Mach 1.  Hopefully they'll fix the droopy headlights while they're at it.  

Emozy9s.png

Whoa. This is great! And with confirmation from Revell that the front end has been addressed??! Very great!

Hopefully they will really nail it with the front end. It will be a nice kit if so. It would be nice if they would update those shallow wheels too.

Great new about the '69 Boss 302 Mustang!! It was one of the reasons I never bought one......HATED the way that front end looked! :o

Now if Revell can also fix the wonky front end on the 1/24 '70 Boss 429 Mustang, and the "too low" roof on the '90 LX, all would be right with the world. ;)

Great new about the '69 Boss 302 Mustang!! It was one of the reasons I never bought one......HATED the way that front end looked! :o

Now if Revell can also fix the wonky front end on the 1/24 '70 Boss 429 Mustang, and the "too low" roof on the '90 LX, all would be right with the world. ;)

Throw in the 70'cuda body and the 67'Camaro lower trim and 69'nova with the 70 lt-1 engine and things would be better.;)but in all fairness i'm glad to see a 69'boss and I plan to buy a couple.

Edited by kelson

Throw in the 70'cuda body and the 67'Camaro lower trim and 69'nova with the 70 lt-1 engine and things would be better.;)but in all fairness i'm glad to see a 69'boss and I plan to buy a couple.

Thought the lower trim on the '67 Camaro was correct for the RS - is a problem for building a non-RS.

Honestly, the rocker trim is the least of the problems with that Camaro.  The whole shape of the grille opening is wrong, and for the non-RS grille they missed the top/bottom trim.  And the biggest problem is the whole tail panel is tilted at a weird angle.  Hoping Revell eventually fixes those trangressions.  Till then, none for me.

Funny you should mention the Nova, that has the opposite problem from the Camaro: tail panel is bolt upright when it should be tilted back.  As much as people talk about that problem, I'm amazed that I've NEVER seen it corrected on a build.

Edited by Robberbaron

Thought the lower trim on the '67 Camaro was correct for the RS - is a problem for building a non-RS.

Honestly, the rocker trim is the least of the problems with that Camaro.  The whole shape of the grille opening is wrong, and for the non-RS grille they missed the top/bottom trim.  And the biggest problem is the whole tail panel is tilted at a weird angle.  Hoping Revell eventually fixes those trangressions.  Till then, none for me.

Funny you should mention the Nova, that has the opposite problem from the Camaro: tail panel is bolt upright when it should be tilted back.  As much as people talk about that problem, I'm amazed that I've NEVER seen it corrected on a build.

You are right on the money on both counts, my friend. I've actually fixed the Nova back end problem on one, but it's not finished yet. Body is painted and ready but I still need to do everything else.

I'm giving SERIOUS thought to replacing the body in a Revell '67 Camaro with one from their '68 Firebird, which seems to be more accurate at both ends. Yeah, I know, lotta work to convert it, but not much if any more than fixing the Camaro.

I foresee Revell getting a lot of requests for replacement '69 Mustang noses when that kit hits the shelves.

I bet that kit will have a lot of "missing" or "malformed" parts. ;)

But wouldn't you also need new grille, bumpers, etc to go with it? Dunno if just replacing the nose piece will get the job done.

But wouldn't you also need new grille, bumpers, etc to go with it? Dunno if just replacing the nose piece will get the job done.

"Um, yea, mine was missing all those parts, , Must have fell right out of the box at the factory. , yea, that's the ticket". [in my best Jon Lovitz voice] 

But, yea, a new grille would probably be needed. I was thinking it was one peice with the nose, but I think the bumper would be OK. 

wonder how much new tooling is involved? 

Magnum 500 wheels, hood, Sport Slats, and a small block 302 engine at the very least.

Looking forward to this kit, but will wait to see what the engine looks like before buying one. ^_^

Magnum 500 wheels, hood, Sport Slats, and a small block 302 engine at the very least.

Looking forward to this kit, but will wait to see what the engine looks like before buying one. ^_^

New body also, since the Boss 302 doesn't have the faux side scoops that the Mach 1 had in '69. 

Good to see they (mostly) re-used the David Lord drawing for the Iaconio Camaro P/S kit. That was exciting stuff back in '84. :)

Also the only one of the bunch that looks halfway decent.  Have they got the Chinese drawing the box art now?  They look as if they've superimposed the vehicles on video game backgrounds.

As far as I know the 69 is and has always been 25th. The 1970 Boss 302 is ex-Monogram so it's 24th and I'm pretty sure has always been labeled as such.  The only time I can recall they mislabeled a 24th for 25th was for the Baldwin-Motion 70 Chevelle and they fixed that on later runs.  

This is mislabeled also:

revell-monogram-owens-corning-1968-427-c

I'd love to see re-issues of some Jo-Han models, particularly their Cadillacs and the cool race cars they used to put out. I'd like to get the Revel tri-fives with the opening doors and SBCs that were super detailed. Also, any of the 70-73 Firebird models. If anyone at the model companies are listening...

Ted, Revell reissued their 1/25 '57 Bel Air Hardtop kit a few years ago, so it's still easy to find:

s-l1600.jpg

Also, as mentioned elsewhere, the '70-78 MPC Firebird annual kits are long gone, and what remains is the '79 Firebird T/A kit which Round2 reissued within the last two years:

s-l1600.jpg