Model Cars Magazine Forum

new for 2018

Bert

1 hour ago, Casey said:

85-4467 - Tom Daniel Baja Bandito VW Microbus w/Minibike and Surfboard

NICE !! Been wanting this kit for absolutely decades !! Now , where's the LUV truck ... ? ;)

85-4481 - 1967 Plymouth GTX

Nice kit ... but it would be nice to see some corrections ( Dana 60 rear ; and a correct , 7-paddle fan with clutch )

AMT-1100 - '57 Chrysler 300

I need one of these again . Built & sold the last one ... some 15 years ago . 

3 hours ago, Roncla said:

This has showed up on Hobby Designs Facebook page. Its a Resin kit with PE. I'd imagine it will cost  bundle but Bugatti seem to have been overlooked by the plastic kit manufacturers

26240719_1619664591405183_6302050441043997061_o.jpg

26220596_1619664828071826_4015892417255896517_o.jpg

Its going to be in the mid $100's I believe, it is a Hobby Design full resin kit.

8 minutes ago, espo said:

That would be nice to have out again. I don't care for the styling that they did on the car for the movie, but it would be nice to have the basic kit again and they may have the stock parts in it anyway.

It's going to be a "2n1", which is nominally over-selling it a bit since the n1 is a bumper, grille, and wheels added to the factory stock parts.  

Edited by niteowl7710

Yes that one is hideous!! I saw the real one years ago at the 500 World of Wheels in Indianapolis. It looked like the body work was done by a 2nd grader!! The body was wavy and paint cracked and blistered. Probably quick bad body work that didn't age well. But when I saw it really wasn't that long after the movie was made. I would have rather seen the car that's coming out as a kit!!

Dennis

On 1/11/2018 at 10:44 AM, alexis said:

So, New Grille, New Bumpers, New Wheels, & New Decals?

The wheels may be the same steel wheels the kit has included with the stock option, but it will be interesting to see if new baby moon hubcaps are included or if the builder is expected to use the stock Ford dog dish hubcaps, leaving the left rear one off. :D

Either way, it will be interesting to see how much of the original ProModeler kit is still included.

Oh, mainly the paint job. I think you could build a pretty cool car based on that. 

I hope they tool up a set of deep steel wheels for the rear - I think the original kit ones are kind of shallow - combination with the cheater slicks is cool. 

Art work is a six lug...hehe (or 5 lugs unevenly spaced).

F3A054EA-9FA4-4D3C-859C-056855B34855.jpeg

Edited by Erik Smith

55 minutes ago, iBorg said:

I keep looking at this and thinking its a bad joke.

Why? I mean, it makes a lot of sense from a "how do we release what appears to be an all-new kit from something which already exists in or inventory" line of thinking, and Round2 does it all the time-- same basic kit, new decals, a few new parts, new box art, and wham, "new" kit. Grease is a pretty popular (and by now classic) movie and musical, so, why not? People are always clamoring for a totally stock kit option, too, so here they go.

1 hour ago, Erik Smith said:

I hope they tool up a set of deep steel wheels for the rear - I think the original kit ones are kind of shallow - combination with the cheater slicks is cool. 

I don't think those are cheater slicks, are they? I think they are just the stock 16" tires (quite nice, BTW) with a bit of artistic license sprinkled in.

Edited by Casey

1 hour ago, iBorg said:

I keep looking at this and thinking its a bad joke.

"Why? I mean, it makes a lot of sense from a "how do we release what appears to be an all-new kit from something which already exists in or inventory" line of thinking, and Round2 does it all the time-- same basic kit, new decals, a few new parts, new box art, and wham, "new" kit. Grease is a pretty popular (and by now classic) movie and musical, so, why not? People are always clamoring for a totally stock kit option, too, so here they go."

Sorry I never can get the quotes to work........ I was not a fan of the movie. I worked in radio at the time and found John Travolta pretty annoying. I won't go on about that. The box art is some of the worst I've seen in years.  Does the car really sit that unevenly? It looks like its sliding through a turn without the benefit of a driver. I just can't see it selling. Revell has used Grease before. I'd bet any of those kits would sell much better.