Model Cars Magazine Forum

Un-Monkeey

Pat Minarick

Glad to see you're back after this build. The front end is a vast improvement but the Long Roof is what I'm really interested in. Is that all scratch built or did you use a roof section from another model ? I have a built up that I got as a door prize a couple of years ago and have always wanted to do something with it, just couldn't figure out what that would be though. Thank you for the idea of making it a Wagon of some kind.

2 hours ago, espo said:

Glad to see you're back after this build. The front end is a vast improvement but the Long Roof is what I'm really interested in. Is that all scratch built or did you use a roof section from another model ? I have a built up that I got as a door prize a couple of years ago and have always wanted to do something with it, just couldn't figure out what that would be though. Thank you for the idea of making it a Wagon of some kind.

Thanks, I used a wagon roof, not sure but I think it was the Revell 66 wagon . It was 4or5 years ago.

That is very good! I have thought about doing a wagon version but I could not find a roof I liked. I did build one as a pick, title Dean Jeffries Shop Truck'.

Side bar, 'The Monkees' is currently running on a local television station and at the end, it says 'Monkeemobile supplied by Dean Jeffries' :) 

Pontiac GTO Dean Jeffries shop truck 001.JPG

Pontiac GTO Dean Jeffries shop truck 002.JPG

Looks like you got the nose figured out , angling the grille openings in the center is very much like a Firebird and makes it instantly recognizable as a Pontiac .  Also the headlight placement really finishes it off .  I don't recall seeing the rear of the roof and window opening before but I'd say you've nailed that too , I always have trouble with that on wagon conversions .  Looking forward to seeing this one Under Glass ! :D

7 hours ago, TooOld said:

Looks like you got the nose figured out , angling the grille openings in the center is very much like a Firebird and makes it instantly recognizable as a Pontiac .  Also the headlight placement really finishes it off .  I don't recall seeing the rear of the roof and window opening before but I'd say you've nailed that too , I always have trouble with that on wagon conversions .  Looking forward to seeing this one Under Glass ! :D

Thanks,  was having a real problem figuring out the head lights and keeping the Pontiac look.Going to stick a blower on top of the engine and  cut lines in for a tilt front end but none working.