Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 chevy wagon rat rod

Rotorbolt73

Been a while since i posted any builds on here, so I figure I'd post this one I built recently.

Based on a real car. Thought it was pretty cool so I had to build it. Although a resin body is available,  this is built from a Monogram 57 Nomad instead. I cut the body up and reorganized it into this. Sits on a shortened AMT 41 plymouth frame with  rear end  suspension assembly from a Revell 32 ford kit and the front suspension from a Monogram 37 ford kit, 36 Ford front seat / roll bar,  engine is the 57 kit small block, rest is various parts box stuff..

Enjoy guys.

PICT1736.JPG

PICT1737.JPG

PICT1738.JPG

PICT1739.JPG

1 hour ago, DumpyDan said:

That is awesome, I have seen the real one and I like yours very much.  Do you have any chassis pictures. 

Sure. I used a 41 plymouth chassis plate. I cut off the front crossmember forward to shorten it down and replaced it with a piece of sprue tubing then built the 37 Ford front axle off of it. Rear end and suspension is from the 32 Ford kit.

PICT1964.JPG

• 8 months later...

Good on you for not taking the easy way out... I resently seen the resin example at our local slot car track (they sell models which is why I was trere). Someone had turned it into a slot car. Yours is better than the resin car for sure. I think these type builds makes for better modeling experiences.