Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's the latest Revell North America News

Phildaupho

I cannot seem to find out any real news about what is happening regarding Revell North America products. I see that the Greased Lightning 48 Ford has been released and photos of the 69 Mustang Boss 302 are on some vendor's websites for pre-order but I am surprised there is not more chatter on this forum unless I am not looking in the right place or are people being amazingly patient and just taking a wait and see attitude?

10 minutes ago, Phildaupho said:

I cannot seem to find out any real news about what is happening regarding Revell North America products. I see that the Greased Lightning 48 Ford has been released and photos of the 69 Mustang Boss 302 are on some vendor's websites for pre-order but I am surprised there is not more chatter on this forum unless I am not looking in the right place or are people being amazingly patient and just taking a wait and see attitude?

No public announcement, but not much to say. Product is trickling out, as you've noted, as the other announced kits ('69 Mustang Boss 302) will be here...soon. This was the go-to topic for Revell-related info and news (and some misinformation), but there doesn't seem to have been much news to report lately:

I noticed a production date of mid August on the bottom of the Greased Lightning box I looked at, so I'm guessing everything Revell plans to release in next few month has to be first produced first, i.e. the kits weren't already manufactured and bagged, sitting around waiting for packages pre-Hobbico bankruptcy. I would guess any existing debt to the molding facility needed to be paid off before they'd begin production again for Revell, USA, so that probably put Revell USA at the back of the line, too.

There really hasn't been any news to speak of beyond the list of products they put out that's the thread Casey referenced. Then again that takes them through the end of 2018 and included a handful of new/modified kits, and for the hiccups in U.S. distribution they've been making the releases so far as the Escalade reissue is on the shelves this week.

Edited by niteowl7710

The new Revell USA had to start from zero. It has not been a perfect restart with some stumbles.  Some issues caused the last round of new and restock to go to some while others got none. The folks in charge say they are working hard to get things righted and running smoothly. They may be bringing some of the old staff back on to get things rolling. Right now we nave to give them time. 

• 2 months later...

Got some Revell news yesterday. The molds for all Revell US models have been dispatched to Revell in Germany and are being stored there. So ROG will be taking care of having the kits molded in their Poland and China production facilities. The good news is that those kits obviously will remain on the market under the Revell brand. 

Furthermore I had the chance to take a look at the new Revell 2019 cataloque already which will be officially presented today on the Nuremberg Toy Fair. I was very but happily surprised to see that the whole range of Revell US kits is contained in that cataloque aswell in the "USA" catagory.

I thought this might be interesting to some so I made some snapshots: :rolleyes:

IMG_7938.thumb.JPG.110086c3dd16607bf76f1bb3e71995fb.JPG

IMG_7939.thumb.JPG.cdf6c52a71116370044c40aa9d032cfa.JPG

IMG_7940.thumb.JPG.889f38d2add357ce0218e492a2ffdbee.JPG

IMG_7941.thumb.JPG.14959266d8fb8c4d47244c2af5e3dbd9.JPG

IMG_7942.thumb.JPG.774806bf295e97ce04df5f12e0a7585b.JPG

Edited by Tommy124

53 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

Doesn't look like they have anything new planned for 2019, but at least they are keeping the brand alive.

Given the circumstances, this is not too bad an outcome, I gather. Besides that, there were at least 2 brand-new ones (68 Chevelle and 69 Mustang). The Chevelle will be sold officially by ROG too, btw. Different boxing, same kit. 

2 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

So the story that Atlantis and Salvino's bought all the Revell tooling that was in ILL was incorrect???

That's what I heard from someone well-informed...

1 hour ago, SfanGoch said:

New Revell USA website.

Good to see that the Porsche 918 Spyder is a "street rod": https://www.revell.com/products/cars/street-rods/ ;)

Just thinking, isn't it strange that the Ford GT LM 2017 is a ROG-only kit? I mean, it was the other way round with the C7-R, it was a US kit first and then later released by ROG aswell. But this is somewhat odd I think...

18 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

So the story that Atlantis and Salvino's bought all the Revell tooling that was in ILL was incorrect??? Or was it part right?? 

Atlantis supposedly bought the older "vintage/classic" tooling, which includes the early range of car kits. Salvino's grabbed the NASCAR stuff, from what I understand. All of the recent (mid-late '90s - present) are owned by RoG. Contacting Atlantis, and asking, might answer these questions.

8 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

Given the circumstances, this is not too bad an outcome, I gather. Besides that, there were at least 2 brand-new ones (68 Chevelle and 69 Mustang). The Chevelle will be sold officially by ROG too, btw. Different boxing, same kit. 

Exactly. Maybe low expectations, but I think this is a realistic and positive outcome.

Thanks for taking the time to take pictures and share here, Tommy. :)

The Euro Revell catalog is showing what appears to be a brand-new Land Rover Series III kit, with hardtop, roof rack and spare tire mounted on the roof.  It's not another re-hash of the old ESCI/Italeri kits.  This is a long wheelbase 4-door, which no one has ever done in 1/24, AFAIK.  The ESCIs are LWB 2-doors, the old long-gone Monogram was a SWB 2-door.

Look for the thread "Spielwarenmesse Nürnberg 2019."  Which is currently right under this one in the forum list.

2 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

Are you referencing the kit in the lower left of this move box?

5c52450da2669_Box_2002.thumb.JPG.269650ce4fddd7df3b31fed00ead4e16.JPG

Yup. None ever showed up near me and by the time I got serious about trying to find one, they were GONE! Oh well, I got plenty other stuff to build.