Model Cars Magazine Forum

1963 Corvette Z06 "Tanker"

baycolony

Presented is the 1/25 scale Chevrolet Corvette Z06. This is a resin trans-kit comprised of the Historic Racing Miniatures and Revell 67 coupe kit. The body, interior, engine, wheels and tires are resin. The remaining is plastic. It is painted in Chevrolet "Saddle Tan" from "Scalefinishes" with a Saddle interior. Scratchbuilt parts consist of coolant filler neck, overflow container, master cylinder, and antennae. Engine is fully plumbed and wired. Bare metal foil was used for the trim, and the bumpers were stripped and rechromed with Molotow chrome ink. Also, photo-etch from "Model Car Garage" along with decal scripts from Kieth Marks finishes it off.

63corvettez06 (10).jpg

63corvettez06 (3).jpg63corvettez06 (2).jpg

63corvettez06 (6).jpg

63corvettez06 (7).jpg

63corvettez06 (9).jpg

63corvettez06 (11).jpg63corvettez064-th.jpg

Edited by baycolony

4 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

Very nice work on this Gil.

The doors look they could open, and the paint is beautiful did you clear coat and polish the body ?

Looks like it..two thumbs up !

Yes, I clear coated the body with my usual decanted UPOL synthetic lacquer  from an aerosol, then polished

4 hours ago, Daddy Mack said:

I'm looking real hard and i can't see the (RPO N03) big tank cover in the interior. :(

Yes, it is there and was part of the resin trans kit:

20190323_1638241-th.jpg

35 minutes ago, baycolony said:

Yes, it is there and was part of the resin trans kit:

AH! Thank You so much! Big Tank Midyear Corvettes are badass. In the same league as L89 427s (aluminum heads),  IMHO.

The Big Tank, Tanker, Corvette NO3 Fuel Tank Option was available 1963-67 model years. Some ordered as race cars. Some ordered as long distance road/touring cars. TRULY a remarkable sports car. 36 gallons of High-Test leaded gasoline :D

Less than 200 units TOTAL built in all 5 years!

Edited by Daddy Mack