Model Cars Magazine Forum

'63 Fairlane Sports Coupe

Plowboy

20 hours ago, espo said:

I enjoyed watching all the effort you put into this build. The finished model looks great and I like how you left the "260" emblems on the front fenders. Keep them guessing out there at the stop light. 

Thanx! I mulled over whether to keep the emblems or not for a while. I was thinking about using the 427 emblem decals from the T-Bolt. But, decided against them. Now that it's done, I'm glad I kept them also.

20 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Beautiful build! I had 2 63 Fairlanes years ago. Both were two door posts. One of them had the red trim and red interior like your build. I wish that I would have kept at least one of them. I really like this one! Excellent work!!

Thanx! My older brother had one that had a 351C stuffed in it. I got some scary rides in that car! Someday, I'd like to build one like his. I was going to do it with this one. But, didn’t really want to hack it up like I would have needed to. 

Turned out really sharp , great job Roger !   I'm working on the same thing right now and am having the same issue with the ride height , hoping to find a fix  . Also like how you handled the trim on top of the front fenders .  Again , great job ! :D

3 minutes ago, TooOld said:

Turned out really sharp , great job Roger !   I'm working on the same thing right now and am having the same issue with the ride height , hoping to find a fix  . Also like how you handled the trim on top of the front fenders .  Again , great job ! :D

Thanx Bob! If I had it to do over, I would have sectioned a couple or three mms out of the headers to bring them up level with the oil pan. There's plenty of room to do it. They actually hang down too far IMO. 

On 12/13/2019 at 2:02 PM, Dave Darby said:

It's a beauty, with impeccable craftsmanship. I had 63 Tudor post back in the day. A copper bronze color. I still miss that car.

Thanx Dave! You wouldn't happen to remember the name of that color would you? My brother's '63 Fairlane was a similar color. It looked brown as I remember. But, it was faded and dull. I couldn't find the color in the codes I looked at. But, I was maybe looking for the wrong color. 

Man, this is one super nice build. Fantastic job on a year you don’t see often. 
Your under hood details, and wiring look perfect, as does the tach. 
I wouldn’t let that trunk thing bother you... this thing turned out great. 
I definitely got to get my hands on a set of those wheels from that P/S car!

4 hours ago, Plowboy said:

Thanx Dave! You wouldn't happen to remember the name of that color would you? My brother's '63 Fairlane was a similar color. It looked brown as I remember. But, it was faded and dull. I couldn't find the color in the codes I looked at. But, I was maybe looking for the wrong color. 

It was also available in 1962. Guessing it was Chestnut Poly.63 Ford Colors

Here is crummy pic of my old Fairlane. Doesn't do the color justice at all.

63FAIRLANE-vi.jpg