Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell ‘29 Model A Roadster

BeakDoc

2 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

And if you happen to been burned out on the traditional look, the wheels and running gear from the last issue of Revell's '32 Ford Coupe could probably get you close to this late '60s beauty.

Limit-Leader.jpg

I like that. And AMT has some nice blue line slicks that could approximate those rear tires. 

2 hours ago, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

Model A fenders from other kits can be made to fit with a little bit of work.... -RRR

I'm sort of thinking the reverse; using the guts from this kit (with a complete engine change), to doctor up another Model A kit that already has the basic body structure in place. It's certainly something I'll be considering.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 11:04 AM, Roadrunner said:

I'm sort of thinking the reverse; using the guts from this kit (with a complete engine change), to doctor up another Model A kit that already has the basic body structure in place. It's certainly something I'll be considering.

My thoughts exactly when I saw this kit. There's things I'd have done differently in retrospect, but I'm overall happy with the model.

20151108_153941_zpspnhimuqd.JPG

20151108_153901_zpsjv1khwsg.JPG

I know most of you aren't into hot rods, but when Revell issued their new tool Model A series it was the best thing for us rod builders since the '32 series was introduced in 1996. When the tooling was mishandled (not sure we'll ever know the full story), it was devastating (as devastating as something such as that can be in the grand scheme of life and death). Today, I received the new new tool '29 roadsters in the post. I bought four and gave one to KK... -RRR

1238677382_29roadsters.jpg.92200dba9881a13e1e2fe649346c3802.jpg

New decals, too!!!145089816_29decal.jpg.28d74bb5c9e4ab94d7ce7563d62f6ed4.jpg

Edited by Rocking Rodney Rat

17 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

If only they did it with full fenders,...

Are the fenders from the Revell '29 truck the same? If so, shouldn't be too hard to rustle up a set. 

Or how about the fenders from the AMT '29?

There should be plenty of both in the spares boxes of the gang here. B)

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Are the fenders from the Revell '29 truck the same? If so, shouldn't be too hard to rustle up a set. 

Or how about the fenders from the AMT '29?

There should be plenty of both in the spares boxes of the gang here. B)

There's got to be a way to mix & match. I''ll need to look into it.