Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vending Machine Show Rod

Modelbuilder Mark

This is a VERY fiddly kit, with rough chrome including some warping, and not all of it turned out like I planned, but overall I am happy with it and I'm going to call this one done!
For those interested in the build process, here is a link to the Fotki page.

I ended up stripping nearly all chrome trim to clean the seams, the vast majoiry was re-shot with Spaztix chrome (except rims and a few small bits), lots of nut/bolt head detail added, new driveshaft from aluminum, alternator relocated to correct location with bracket added, carpet, fuel line and plug wires ran, exhaust tips drilled out, scratch built coil/over shocks, radiator grill replaced with fine mesh and the radiator rebuilt from photo etch,  little filaments added to headlights etc. The kit does contain some really nice parts that would lend themselves well to additional kit bashing, like fantastic rims, Z'd frame etc.

SAM_1659.JPG

SAM_1656.JPG

SAM_1655.JPG

SAM_1654.JPG

SAM_1653.JPG

SAM_1651.JPG

SAM_1648.JPG

SAM_1646.JPG

SAM_1645.JPG

SAM_1643.JPG

SAM_1642.JPG

• 5 months later...

Great job Mark - really nicely built, and super clean!  I started one of these a while back and even though it was the newest issue the decals cracked and split like crazy so it got returned to the box from whence it came until I get another set (or bought another kit to kitbash with - as you rightly point out this kit looks like a GREAT basis for something else)

Nice job!