Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Craftsman 63 Chevy II station wagon and Cal drag combo with 64 Galaxie, Falcon funny car and trailer to be released.

GMP440

The Falcon body also has the between-the-taillights area altered, with a recess for a drag 'chute.  The headlight areas in the grille have been re-engraved to resemble headlamp covers.

100% stock would take some doing, but Pro Street would be attainable.  Fill the 'chute recess, drill out the headlamp covers, rework the rear wheel openings, then fit it to a '66 Nova pro street chassis.

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Fix that '63 hardtop!  The altered wheelbase '65 is based on the '62-'63 hardtop, same roof and windows.  Find a started or incomplete '65, then stub that roof into the '63 body.  Shouldn't be hard...

Looks like I already fixed it, and forgot I had before I posted that.  Duh.  I pulled it out of the box tonight and looked it over.  The top is straight and so are the window posts. That jogged my memory because I've had it for a long time.  As I remember the top was sunken in the middle, and I used the "steam trick" to carefully straighten it.

It is a nice kit, a very sharp resin casting, and I'd like to build it. All it needs is an engine.  It's molded in a brownish resin.

On 7/3/2020 at 11:08 AM, GMP440 said:

Saw this on Steven's  Intenational website.

AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1223 1/25 Cal Drag Combo: 1964 Ford Galaxie, Falcon Funny Car & Trailer $71.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1202 1/25 1963 Chevy II Station Wagon Craftsman Series $30.95   TBA

Great way to blow 100 scheckles.... I'm in!.... ??

2 hours ago, Classicgas said:

I wonder if the 66 nova chassis would work? 

I have checked as I am in process of building a 63 Nova Wagon.  The 66 chassis works but needs some sanding around and behind the rear wheel wells and maybe some clearancing to work with the wagon interior.