Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 Pontiac Tempest convertible

Modlbldr

Thanks guys. I wish the red embossing powder had been more red and not so pink.

2 hours ago, RichCostello said:

I like to use Krylon satin Crystal Clear on interiors. It works on any paint, and looks like vinyl.

Thanks Rich. I'll have to see if I can find some for future projects.

Later-

On 8/19/2020 at 11:23 PM, Modlbldr said:

I don't remember which one I sent you. Did it have the long headrests and waterfall center console?

Actually, the only part I am missing is the stock convertible boot and stock taillights. It has the custom taillight.panel and stock bumpers.

Yeah. Fortunately mine is cleaning up easy. I'm already to the "putty the divots" stage. Should be getting the first coat of primer tomorrow or Friday.

Later-

I have an AMT 63 Tempest builtup as well.  I'm looking for the same parts as you; the right headlight bezel and stock tail light panel.  

13 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Pull that thing out,  prime it up and get to building it!

Later-

Still need some parts for it. I have the tail lights but not the bezels. A rear bumper and valance below the rear bumper. Did yours have the 4 cylinder in it?

39 minutes ago, GMP440 said:

I have an AMT 63 Tempest builtup as well.  I'm looking for the same parts as you; the right headlight bezel and stock tail light panel.  

I got another convertible recently that has all the stock parts but none of the custom parts. Not sure how I'll build it.

Later-

7 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

Still need some parts for it. I have the tail lights but not the bezels. A rear bumper and valance below the rear bumper. Did yours have the 4 cylinder in it?

Neither of mine have the 4 cylinder. I'm going to start the teardown and rebuild of the engine today or tomorrow.

Later-

IMG_20200917_102010726.jpg

Getting closer. Just had to set the body on the chassis to see how it looks so far. Got the engine done and the tires and wheels on. Just waiting for the clear coat to gas out so I can wet sand it and polish. I've got the grilles and taillight panel done. Need to touch up the chrome and BMF the windshield frame.

Later-

IMG_20200922_142132483.jpg

IMG_20200922_142217938.jpg

IMG_20200922_142423028.jpg

• 2 weeks later...