Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T

StevenGuthmiller

Eureka! I think I have it! :D

Thanks again to everyone that continues to contribute their expertise during the course of this project.

As you can see from this particular example, I'm always open to suggestions, and very often, those of you that contribute, will often save my bacon! ^_^

Thanks again Bill, for getting me thinking about it again.

Sometimes that's all that's required to help me get back to the bench to try another approach.

image.jpeg.52ddcfc2a64c249fccb7f55c941b702f.jpeg

image.jpeg.ed6261189d92983d2f6cdce01ee15a98.jpeg

image.jpeg.e818ee59184c061b07fd39d5d496754b.jpeg

Steve

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Nicely done. Your perseverance paid off.  Sometimes it can a take a few tries to achieve your goal.

Thanks Bob!

I guess sometimes it takes someone to give us a little "nudge". ^_^

image.jpeg.e19615640b7cc0fb0541ca86faac75a8.jpeg

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Nice touch. On the exhaust what about putting thinner torsion bars in. Would be more in scale and give more clearance. 

I've been thinking about that since David G. brought it up a few posts back.

It's something that would be simple to do, and why not?

I've already gone a lot farther than I planned on this chassis anyway! :D

Steve

6 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Glad that it worked out the way that it did -- looks perfect !

I'd only mentioned the headers as they were a common 'Day 2' addition , and because of the 'Day 2' 8-track player . 

Great work as usual !

Absolutely John.

Of course, all suggestions are welcome, but I had made the manifold/header decision some time ago. ;)

Steve

• Like 1

Opening those holes in the frame and the smaller torsion bars really do add to the realism of the frame , something else to add to the list !  Problem is I never remember to do everything on my list .  Like flat spotting the tires , I did it once and really liked the look but keep forgetting on recent builds .

On 10/7/2021 at 4:02 AM, TooOld said:

Opening those holes in the frame and the smaller torsion bars really do add to the realism of the frame , something else to add to the list !  Problem is I never remember to do everything on my list .  Like flat spotting the tires , I did it once and really liked the look but keep forgetting on recent builds .

Ya know.....I tend to do that on my aircraft builds but can never remember to do that on my scale autos. 

Getting a little paint on some of the chassis parts today.

Got some of the black parts painted yesterday, along with primer on some others.

I got the over spray done on the chassis and then used some MCW "vinyl top" paint to replicate the undercoating in the wheel well areas.

Turned out pretty well.

On to some of the detailing. ^_^

image.jpeg.3c5f2136448f032e3b1fdcfe006c05dc.jpeg

image.jpeg.644bd5d9e4175fef3a321ae158c3b9bc.jpeg

image.jpeg.cea651803b3c2615485081ef00c39fd2.jpeg

image.jpeg.681d334984e201186a4935ccbf92c672.jpeg

Steve

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TooOld said:

I guess I missed what color you're painting the body , that's gonna look sharp !  The chassis detail looks great so far and the exhaust looks factory !

The color is a correct Plymouth gold, but it's from 1967 rather than '68.

A little paler than I was shooting for, but I wanted to stick with MCW paint on this one.

I could have gotten the correct '68 color from Scale Finishes, but I really prefer the less "intrusive" metallic in the MCW.

I think I'll like it in the end.

Steve

• Like 1

• Xingu locked this topic