Model Cars Magazine Forum

F-100 Food Truck: What if Chip Foose was a Pizza-man?

Hi!

I love the way Mr. Foose streamlined the iconic F100 cab. I used two kits: one for the cab, and the sectionned rear cab panel of a second kit to make the front "wall" of a scratch-built catering rear section, made from the body of Monogram's Ford Panel van, minus the roof. Scratchbuilt: floor, rear counters, cabinets, pizza ovens, lifting hydraulic roof (removable), glass showcases, pizza warmer, cheese and sauce bowls, ustensils, pepperoni, pizza pies and boxes, paper plates, soda cans & straws, napkins, decals, side-pipes and shields. Rolling-stock from Lindberg's Cord cabriolet, flathead engine from AMT's 50 Ford. Chassis and driving shaft were lengtened. Tamya's bright orange + candy orange +Wet Look Clear. Polished stainless finish done with Krylon's chrome spray paint. 

The base is a parking lot simulation, with cracks, sidewalk, drain, and fallen autumn leaves. Trash-can is a cap from a lipstick tube my wife threw away, lined with a black latex baloon to replicate the trash bag. And some trash inside, of course...  It took me out of my usual street-rod/customs /Bonneville cars comfort zone, But was fun. 

Bon appetit!

CT

DSC00693 (2).JPG

DSC00696 (2).JPG

DSC00695 (2).JPG

DSC00698 (2).JPG

DSC00703 (2).JPG

DSC00707 (2).JPG

DSC00702 (2).JPG

DSC00709 (2).JPG

Claude, that is thoroughly amazing! Grabs one’s attention right away. Thanks for the build description, great thinking there. The entire diorama shines with that gorgeous colour on the Ford. 
Congrats on a beautiful build, cheers Misha

1 hour ago, Misha said:

Claude, that is thoroughly amazing! Grabs one’s attention right away. Thanks for the build description, great thinking there. The entire diorama shines with that gorgeous colour on the Ford. 
Congrats on a beautiful build, cheers Misha

Hi Misha!

Thank you. I have never done a real diorama before, and far from me to claim my parking base as such... Let's just say it was an experiment. I shared it with Mister Tom Woodruff a few weeks ago, before posting it here, and he was very encouraging. HE does make REAL dioramas. That keeps my effort in perspective, I think...

CT

1 hour ago, espo said:

Outstanding looking theme here. the detailing of the mobile kitchen and the food display is amazing. The model it's self is very well put together with an excellent paint and lettering job.  

Hi David!

Thanks. The candy orange (just one light coat) makes it pop more than just the brilliant orange would. The logo on the doors and pizza box tops /banner came from the internet. But I don't know if it is a real biz, or just a generic artwork. Maybe someone could shine a light on this? The rest of the lettering is made on my computer, minus the Coke logo on the back doors, which came from a Nascar decal sheet of unknown origin. 

CT

1 hour ago, Spruslayer said:

That is a fine work of art. awesome detail

Thank you Mike! 

The most painstaking was the pizza pies. Made of modeling clay, that I "borrowed" from my grand daughter toy crib. The melted cheese is white glue, and the pepperoni roll & slices are also tinted modeling clay, rolled and sliced super-thin. The joy of cooking...

CT

1 hour ago, vamach1 said:

Looks great and for some reason I am hungry.  Maybe some Mario Brothers figures would add more pizazz to the pizza truck.

Hi Rex!

Thanks for the comments. However, at this hour, I suggest you skip the all dressed slice... It may cause heartburn and interfere with your sleep...

CT

I’M HUNGRY !!!!  Claude, your builds are awesome. That is one of the coolest Ford trucks I have ever seen, looks just right. That orange really does pop! Incredible detail throughout, lipstick cap and a balloon....??? That’s just brilliant. Thanks for sharing sir. 

Cheers, Steve

1 hour ago, Steve H said:

I’M HUNGRY !!!!  Claude, your builds are awesome. That is one of the coolest Ford trucks I have ever seen, looks just right. That orange really does pop! Incredible detail throughout, lipstick cap and a balloon....??? That’s just brilliant. Thanks for sharing sir. 

Cheers, Steve

Hi Steve!

Thank you. You find valuable things in the most unexpected places, as columnist Ken Hamilton often says. 

CT

45 minutes ago, Koellefornia Kid said:

Two slices with salami, red peppers and onions, please...

Awesome food truck with some amazing scratch building! Really like the Cord wheels!

Hi Oliver!

Thanks. I juggled with a set of modern mag wheels... but upon trying the Cord wheels, I knew that was it!

Now, the Cord build will require something else...No problem, since it will be more contemporary than vintage, and is a fairly big car.We'll see. 

CT

29 minutes ago, crazyjim said:

I'm happy we had pizza for dinner last night or I'd be searching for slice now.  What great idea and excellent execution.

Thank you Jim!

I contemplated doing a Harley Dealership delivery truck with the elongated box. Then, I knew it would be more challenging to go out of my comfort zone, and scratch-build all the components required, from pepperoni to exhaust shields. Oh well...

CT

On 9/25/2020 at 5:09 PM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi!

I love the way Mr. Foose streamlined the iconic F100 cab.

Actually Chip has nothing to do with this truck! It was his father’s old shop truck that he had out in his yard that he was hoping to do something with someday. His staff “Overhauled” him and faked its theft and built it as a gift to him behind his back, just like they do to people on the show.

You should be able to find the episode, worth watching!

I love your take on this as much as your Caddy build!

Orange is my favorite color and I do love pizza (as for many) so how could I not love this build?

This is truly another good example of your tremendous talent my friend, another success.

Now you will have to stop or reduce your pace, I will soon be forced to copy and paste my previous comments, my vocabulary is limited unlike your imagination my friend...

Even the pizza looks perfectly cooked... can I have a slice of the all dressed and a slice of your brain please?  ??