Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT 1963 Chevy II Nova Station Wagon - Craftsman Plus

Casey

3 hours ago, Joe Thomas said:

Also a two piece red desk phone is included.

That's so Rocky can call Bullwinkle.  ?️ 

??  Sheesh! There's two camels and a llama, but there's never a moose emoji around when you need it!

18 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Yeah. I was just trying to answer Carl's question on the 6.

Thanks Lee doesn’t hurt to take a look..

16 hours ago, Dave Darby said:

While the big six from the truck is never correct for any Nova, and the the smallblock was not a factory option, I think Carl's question was about fit. I would say other than the unnecessary hole through the block in the 65 El Camino engine (although a bonus if you want to use a real axle instead of the pins) that it would likely fit very well. Of course if you are looking for a more accurate looking small block, there's any number of newer tool options, including the 66 Nova engine.

As far as the truck engine goes, I believe that one was near the last of the line for the old Stovebolts (or Blue Flame), and fit or no fit, I can't think of any reason anyone would use it. The six cylinders made available in 1962 were lighter and more powerful. (And harder to find in scale.)

I have a stove bolt 6cyl...

7 hours ago, Danno said:

That's so Rocky can call Bullwinkle.  

Sheesh! There's two camels and a llama, but there's never a moose emoji around when you need it!

bullwinkle-05.jpg.24f39c6fcbe3c772500416bf904f1ced.jpg Yeah! Operator, where's my emoji? Well, if I knew what it was, I wouldn't ask you!

Edited by ChrisBcritter

We can only hope, Dave. From what I'm hearing the first production run may have already sold out in just Hobby Stores. (Both Brick&Mortar and Online) We may have to wait for a second production run, before HL gets any.

That said, I am just guessing here, and would be happy to be proven wrong.

5 hours ago, alexis said:

We can only hope, Dave. From what I'm hearing the first production run may have already sold out in just Hobby Stores. (Both Brick&Mortar and Online) We may have to wait for a second production run, before HL gets any.

I just ordered one from Spotlight Hobbies last night and it shipped this morning.

Lots of possibilities...stock, some were drag raced, a few built as street machines.  Until now, a hard to find kit, and expensive when you did find one.  Me, I want one to build with the original customizing parts...

Looks like someone did a decent job of filling in the rear door lines.  With no time off (I've been working all along) but sometimes nowhere to go other than work, I've been doing some time-consuming repairs and bodywork jobs that I had been putting off.  One such job involved molding the Advanced Custom parts on a '63 Impala (yes, the assymetrical parts), another will be to mold in one of those custom Nova front end pieces...

The last issue of the original kit, prior to the Boss Nova alteration, was in 1969.  Slightly different from the annual kit (different custom wheels, a handful of custom parts deleted, red taillight lenses eliminated) but overall pretty much the same.

1 hour ago, Classicgas said:

If we have to explain it..... just because it doesn't interest you doesn't mean others aren't. I grew up with cars from the 50s 60s and 70s. Thats all the reason I need.  

Well Lee, I just asked a simple question. I grew up in the same era and back then, I don't really think there was a lot of interest in a Chevy II 4-door wagon. Just sayin. Sorry if I struck a nerve.

2 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Well Lee, I just asked a simple question. I grew up in the same era and back then, I don't really think there was a lot of interest in a Chevy II 4-door wagon. Just sayin. Sorry if I struck a nerve.

Depends on what you like. Per your name, if the most important car to you are Trans Ams, it’s just not for you. It’s just personal preference.. I won’t buy a white car.. but that’s all my daughter buys!

17 hours ago, alexis said:

At this point I believe HL is getting their own run(s) of most of the kits they're carrying.  Considering a run of kits is around 5k pieces on a new tooling release, and there are 932 HL stores at this point, and that would leave them around 5 kits per store.  I can't imagine that they're fighting with Horizon, Stevens, and the other main frontline wholesalers to acquire cases as they're the only retailer out there other than Wal*Mart that has it's own fleet of trucks.

12 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

My point is if one has no interest in a particular model, why are you waisting your time perusing the thread?

2 hours ago, Classicgas said:

My point is if one has no interest in a particular model, why are you waisting your time perusing the thread?

Lee, I don't consider anything I read on this forum a waste of time. Since I discovered this forum it has become the most read media on the internet for me and my go too read for my first cup of coffee in the morning and several times during the day. I'm certainly not even close to the  model car builder a whole lot of the people on here are so who am I to criticize.  Again, I just think it was a simple question and It was not intended to criticize anyones choice of model kits.  It is an interesting model that can be done up in a lot of ways and I will look at everyone of them as I do most all posts. I love the great posts on here and I'm sure sorry that I seem to have struck a nerve with you. In fact, I will now apologize to have created a stir.  I hope this puts this issue to rest.

1 hour ago, TransAmMike said:

I love the great posts on here and I'm sure sorry that I seem to have struck a nerve with you. In fact, I will now apologize to have created a stir.  I hope this puts this issue to rest.

No apology needed! You asked a question without any malice.