Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

MCM Relaunch Update 11/6/2020


Recommended Posts

Will I get it in the mail in Canada? I subscribed but never got my magazines, I mean no-one did, not just me. So will us with paid subscriptions get the new issues until our subscription runs out?

If it's good, I'll subscribe again for future issues!

So I just read further down that I will, so I'll wait and see.

I DID like the magazine, so I'm sure I will like the new ones as well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by dino246gt
saw the answer to my question after I posted.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

With no hobby shops in my metro area, will there be an option to order a copy of the magazine directly from MCM? Will one of the online retailers carry it?

I have the same question. I subscribed, but I did it too late to get the first issue of the relaunch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just canceled my subscription to FSM because it's FSM and no SA or MCM.   I hope this issue gets this mag back on track - I may try to get this one instead if it looks viable.  I'm really hoping it IS viable.  MCM has been my favorite when I could get it.  Therein is, of course, the rub.   C'mon guys - I'm pulling for yas!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, randyc said:

I just canceled my subscription to FSM because it's FSM and no SA or MCM.   I hope this issue gets this mag back on track - I may try to get this one instead if it looks viable.  I'm really hoping it IS viable.  MCM has been my favorite when I could get it.  Therein is, of course, the rub.   C'mon guys - I'm pulling for yas!

HI Randy,
The first new issue of the rebooted MCM (#207) has been mailed and is in transit to our dealers now.  I think you'll be pleased with it.
Thanks and regards,

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You guys are lucky in the States whilst MCM is sorting itself out, as Model Car Builder is another available magazine (as I do not think that they have overseas subscribers), and Scale Auto was also another alternative up until its recent closure.

We have a magazine named Truck Model World published in the UK and as far as I know it is the only automotive magazine published this side of the pond. I believe there is also an American truck modelling magazine who's title I don't know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, larrygre said:

HI Randy,
The first new issue of the rebooted MCM (#207) has been mailed and is in transit to our dealers now.  I think you'll be pleased with it.
Thanks and regards,

 

Excellent news!  Now to find a dealer.  Our only LHS closed in the last coouple years.  I hope you are bringing back some form of a "stictly stock" column - that was always where I went first to read about the kits I was about to buy.  You may be a little busy, but kit reviews are very important to me in the model magazines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, randyc said:

Excellent news!  Now to find a dealer.  Our only LHS closed in the last coouple years.  I hope you are bringing back some form of a "stictly stock" column - that was always where I went first to read about the kits I was about to buy.  You may be a little busy, but kit reviews are very important to me in the model magazines.

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the kind words.  I'm still doing the Kit Reviews for MCM as I have been for the past nineteen years.  However, quite a few people have asked me to bring back "Strictly Stock" and its under consideration, but in a much more expanded form.  I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks and regards,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

Will copies be going on sale in the UK via WHSmith (UK equivalent to Barnes&Noble I believe)?

I'd be very surprised if Smiths carry it, they stopped stocking Scale Auto a long time ago, and due to their financial problems more stores will be closing across the UK. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, ratdoggy said:

Here's my dumb question...

Since I don't know anything about the magazine industry 

Is it more profitable to sell subscriptions or sales at hobby shops? 

Subscriptions usually cost less than buying the same number of issues at a store. The real money is made from advertising. And the more magazines you sell, regardless of method, the more you can charge advertisers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...