Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2021 releases

GeeBee

Some more stuff listed at Hannants for 2021...for some clarity Dr. Oetker is a German Multinational Food company, the Canada guys will be familiar.  The 2021 new tool kit seems to be a "G" Model Porsche 911.  The few times Revell released them in 1/24 in the past they were reboxed Fujimi Enthusiast kits.  Depending on how literally Revell takes the "G" model will be interesting.  A lot of people seem to think that any 911 built between 1974-1989 are Gs, when in fact the G model was specifically the 1974 911s.  This is a bit of needle threading as the Fujimi kit of that specific window is a Carrera RS, and these seem to be more "mundane" 911 Coupe & Targa versions.

REV2.png.02a99c7b9def00fbfbf92e17561a7819.png

REV3.png.6192dee6f16f80f63a6e6899b64efe7c.png

1 minute ago, High octane said:

I wouldn't count on the 30 Model A Coupe as right now it looks like a "long shot."

Oh really?  That's a bummer - I expected it to probably be delayed somewhat what with all the 'rona stuff but I hadn't read anything to suggest it was unlikely to be re-released.  What did you hear?

4 minutes ago, High octane said:

I wouldn't count on the 30 Model A Coupe as right now it looks like a "long shot."

Why? Revell successfully brought the Model A roadster back to shelves despite having to do significant work to make that possible. It has been delayed. So have an infinite number of other newly tooled projects. Granted, it's not the most hotly anticipated new item that Revell has announced (that would be the all-new 1/48th scale SR-71 Blackbird they announced this year) but it's still on the docket.

1 hour ago, CabDriver said:

No sign of the 30 Ford...or is this list just what the German arm of Revell is releasing?

These are Revell Germany specific releases. They have no bearing on U.S. releases.

1 hour ago, Luc Janssens said:

BTW is this an official list? cuz didn't see anything announced on the Revell site.

Hannats has been accurate the past several years. RevellAG will make their official year-wide announcement at 00:01 local time on New Year's Day as always. There's a whole slew of the other "IPMS" kits up as well, but since we're a car forum I didn't requisition copies of those photos.

Edited by niteowl7710

3 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Some more stuff listed at Hannants for 2021...for some clarity Dr. Oetker is a German Multinational Food company, the Canada guys will be familiar.  The 2021 new tool kit seems to be a "G" Model Porsche 911.  The few times Revell released them in 1/24 in the past they were reboxed Fujimi Enthusiast kits.  Depending on how literally Revell takes the "G" model will be interesting.  A lot of people seem to think that any 911 built between 1974-1989 are Gs, when in fact the G model was specifically the 1974 911s.  This is a bit of needle threading as the Fujimi kit of that specific window is a Carrera RS, and these seem to be more "mundane" 911 Coupe & Targa versions.

REV2.png.02a99c7b9def00fbfbf92e17561a7819.png

REV3.png.6192dee6f16f80f63a6e6899b64efe7c.png

Anyone know more about the 79 Firebird Delivery?  Is this by any chance the Pontiac Firebird Kammback wagon , like the one that I beleive Lindberg did back in the early 90's?

4 minutes ago, GMP440 said:

Anyone know more about the 79 Firebird Delivery?  Is this by any chance the Pontiac Firebird Kammback wagon , like the one that I beleive Lindberg did back in the early 90's?

Delivery means release, and there is no comma present,  79 Firebird, delivery: 2/2021

Edited by martinfan5

4 minutes ago, GMP440 said:

That says ‘70 Firebird. A reissue.   The ‘Delivery’ is for the estimated release date, on all the line items.  

25 minutes ago, the other Mike S. said:

I wish that '70 Firebird was 1/25th scale.  Considering that is an American subject, I'm surprised they went with 1/24th scale instead of 1/25.  

Any American subject on that list is something being reboxed for sale in Europe. In the case of the '70 Firebird it would be this kit which was just reissued here not terribly long ago.

s-l400.jpg.6358db1b413a44f11e44d0c7d8a80582.jpg

It's basis is from Mongram in the Early 80s as it has been for something like 4 reissues between the Monogram & Revell labels in the intervening years.

6 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Any American subject on that list is something being reboxed for sale in Europe. In the case of the '70 Firebird it would be this kit which was just reissued here not terribly long ago.

s-l400.jpg.6358db1b413a44f11e44d0c7d8a80582.jpg

It's basis is from Mongram in the Early 80s as it has been for something like 4 reissues between the Monogram & Revell labels in the intervening years.

I thought it was a new tool.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, Bennyg said:

I’m weird, I like the tractor.

Ben

Oh! Me too. Now I don't think those were ever sold in the US to our farmers but I have the Porsche, the Duetz-Allis...and the Heller Fergie. I will gladly buy any tractors they deem saleable. Maybe a US version  like an International, Ford, or Deere would be considered by Revell.

Edited by lordairgtar