Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2021 releases

GeeBee

15 hours ago, The Creative Explorer said:

I am wondering, would the new mould 911 share components with the not that old new moulds of the Revell 934?

Maybe basic proportions? The 934s were purpose built race cars based on the 930 (911 Turbo). The models as they're written up and pictured are more rank and file non-turbo 911 Coupé & Targa. 

5 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Maybe basic proportions? The 934s were purpose built race cars based on the 930 (911 Turbo). The models as they're written up and pictured are more rank and file non-turbo 911 Coupé & Targa. 

true, but still, I think the platform, windows, interior tub, dashboard can be re-used. It is a thought that won't leave my brain. I think the upcoming 911 release will share parts with the 934, but that is my own believe and not based on anything but my guts. hahaha.

1 hour ago, The Creative Explorer said:

true, but still, I think the platform, windows, interior tub, dashboard can be re-used. It is a thought that won't leave my brain. I think the upcoming 911 release will share parts with the 934, but that is my own believe and not based on anything but my guts. hahaha.

If the parts you mention are grouped on separate runners on smaller tooling it could very well be, but just took a quicky look at the parts of that kit, and IMHO only the clear shot fits that description.

So recycling CAD data yes, using the clear shot tool for the new release too, could be, but that also depends on which vendor they use fabricating the tooling. guess we will find out when the kit is released.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The t2 camper has now been released in europe. Its the recent van with some extra parts and is again a snap kit. I had to order mine from italy as they sold out fast in the uk. My biggest hope is that its not molded in orange this time. I'll post some content pics once they arrive

• Like 1

I want this 'Advent Calendar' VW Bus!

https://www.revell.de/en/products/advent-calendar/advent-calendar-vw-t2-bus.html

"With this Advent calendar, you can now build the classic yourself. Everything you need is included in the 24 doors and at Christmas your VW T2 bus will be under the Christmas tree."

Sounds like a fun way to spend a December!

• 2 weeks later...