Model Cars Magazine Forum

Piranha "Coupe" funny car

magicmustang

Have made some progress. Assembled frame and had to lower roll bar to clear coupe roof. Glued rear hood and rear panels to body. Traced frame and engine opening from Piranha drag upper to coupe upper. Cutout for roll bar clearance. Will wait to cutout for blower when engine has been assembled and mounted to frame. Starting to look as imagined. Sourced front air dam and rear spoiler from parts box.

P1060643 (2).JPG

P1060642 (2).JPG

Edited by magicmustang

On 2/25/2021 at 3:27 PM, geemoney said:

ok, on another note of thing that don't matter...

i had this as an original release as a kid, i swera the valve covers read " amt piranha"

yes? no?

this issue does NOT.

just looked at mine and they did say amt piranha

• 2 weeks later...

Made some more progress today. Rear slicks opening added to body. Wheels and tires added. Not sure what to do about adding exhaust openings in body or reroute different headers. Definitely needs a rear wing.

P1060649 (2).JPG

Edited by magicmustang

3 hours ago, Ralph Henderson said:

I agree with Ray, I think a taller wing might look a bit better.  and maybe weedburner headers...?

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Tried a Daytona wing but that is overpowering for this low car. May just try to raise the wing I have. Did find some low exit headers from a Trojan Horse Mustang FC kit that may work.