Model Cars Magazine Forum

Getting the kids hooked...

Dan Hay

My two eldest have been asking to build a model for a while now, so I bought 2 Revell snap together 57 Chevys, and told them the could pick a paint color out of my stash and I would paint the body but they had to do everything else. They really had fun.  I need to find some more cool snap kits for them, there's not a great selection. And, by the way, the Revell 57 snap kit was pretty nice! I wanted to build one and foil all the chrome. 

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

While the snappers can turn out nice in the hands of us grey haired builders, I believe their original intent was to apply to beginning builders and congrats to you for doing exactly that. Keep looking for them and get your kids hooked. I would say both turned out very nice and they look proud of them.

we need to see more of this.I remember as a kid i couldnt wait to get my kit home build it as quick as i could then start looking forward to the next victim of my messy fingers.I tried getting my son into the hobby.He built a couple snap kits and i bought him a glue kit which is still waiting to be built.Love seeing those smiles