Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 64 Thunderbolt

shoopdog

Just finished my second Thunderbolt build. This one I painted  Tamiya TS12 orange with a Champagne Gold and dark tan interior. I used the side exhaust even though it would not have been legal, I just had to use it on this one. Thanks for looking and any comments are welcomed.

E22F3D74-EF08-487B-A9DC-36822B86DB03.jpeg

2730890C-BC60-4264-BC42-BDDDFBA657D7.jpeg

246D3243-0874-4B72-98F1-363874F6E32D.jpeg

D4F8713E-BFF0-46CF-8AA0-213ACC6B7DC7.jpeg

F3B88747-CC19-4AC9-9B7E-0F4A90501CF4.jpeg

E057533B-059C-4105-8093-F75F2EE29901.jpeg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Very nice Keith👍

Thank you Mike!

16 minutes ago, Brutalform said:

Stellar looking TBolt. The deepening of the panel lines paid off handsomely. One of the nicest build of a TBolt. 

Very much appreciated Tom.

59 minutes ago, Brutalform said:

One question... how did you do all of the chrome trim in the car?

All my trim is done with a Silver Sharpie.

27 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Great looking model, good job !

Thanks Ray!

11 hours ago, shoopdog said:

All my trim is done with a Silver Sharpie.

Thanks Ray!

Thanks Keith. Just a regular old “fine” point Sharpie? I usually use a black Sharpie on my Thunderbolts inner side trim, but it’s the huge chisel type Sharpie. Then I just foil around it. Sometimes the Sharpie never covers well, leaving streaks. I dunno, maybe I need to buy some new Sharpies? 
I like the way yours came out. Definitely gonna give this method a try. A real time saver, I’m sure. 

BTW, Keith, do you plan on building any more Thunderbolts? 

Beautiful job Keith on this T-Bolt. I’ve built two of these kits and could build a few more because they go together so well and look so good when finished. I also applaud you for cutting out the two vents on the teardrop hood. 

The silver Sharpie trim work looks great. I have given up on foil and  mask and paint all my trim but the masking is very labor (and tape) intensive. 

What did you use to highlight the panel line grooves on your doors and trunk? Tamiya Panel Line stuff? 

13 hours ago, larman said:

Nice job! Great paint and decals!

Thank you Larry!

13 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

Nice job! I am hankering to get the 64 Galaxie Cal racing Combo and do a Thunderbolt instead of the AWB Falcon on the trailer.

Thanks Bill! Would love to see the Galaxie and Tbolt combo.

11 hours ago, slusher said:

Two beautiful models!

5 hours ago, Zippi said:

Nice job Keith.  I really like the Thunderbolt.  The paint looks outstanding man.  

Thanks guys!

2 hours ago, Brutalform said:

Thanks Keith. Just a regular old “fine” point Sharpie? I usually use a black Sharpie on my Thunderbolts inner side trim, but it’s the huge chisel type Sharpie. Then I just foil around it. Sometimes the Sharpie never covers well, leaving streaks. I dunno, maybe I need to buy some new Sharpies? 
I like the way yours came out. Definitely gonna give this method a try. A real time saver, I’m sure. 

BTW, Keith, do you plan on building any more Thunderbolts? 

Tom, I use the fine point Sharpie, would love to have a big chisel tip one, never have seen one.

The silver in my pics looks darker than it really is. I really like using the Sharpie, I think I have Foilfobia!

I would love to pickup a few more Thunderbolts but I’m not really able to buy anymore kits right now, working thru my small stash.

5 hours ago, papajohn97 said:

Beautiful job Keith on this T-Bolt. I’ve built two of these kits and could build a few more because they go together so well and look so good when finished. I also applaud you for cutting out the two vents on the teardrop hood. 

The silver Sharpie trim work looks great. I have given up on foil and  mask and paint all my trim but the masking is very labor (and tape) intensive. 

What did you use to highlight the panel line grooves on your doors and trunk? Tamiya Panel Line stuff? 

I did use Tamiya panel line accent color. I scribed panel lines deeper then applied the accent after priming before spraying the orange.

You may find the Sharpie much easier than painting the trim. I usually do it freehand except long straight side moldings which I will mask off. Sometimes the ink can bleed under the tape but can be cleaned up with some alcohol on the tip of a toothpick.

Very realistic looking build. The paint finish looks better than the 1:1's did. I was lucky enough to be at the Winter Nationals in Pamona when Ford walked thru the class with the first Thunder Bolts.