Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Cadillac 1959


happy grumpy
 Share

Recommended Posts

I remember back when I was a boy, There was a doctor who had a 59 caddy. We did not see Cadillacs often in my small village back then. I was impressed by the car but scared of the doctor. This kit is great, it builds into a nice model. Paint is Tamiya pearl green coated with TS13. BMF for the trim as the decals were too matt to be useful.

thanks for having a look.

cadillac eldorado 1959 08.jpg

cadillac eldorado 1959 09.jpg

cadillac eldorado 1959 10.jpg

cadillac eldorado 1959 11.jpg

cadillac eldorado 1959 12.jpg

cadillac eldorado 1959 13.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alright boys....we have a looked here.  Dang Mario, that is just a good looking model.  Really well done and that green just pops.  I really like this one.  Nice job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rrb124@sbcglobal.net said:

So smooth and attractive! There was a brand new pale yellow one in my neighborhood occasionally. Thanks for the memories.

 

2 hours ago, cobraman said:

That is a great looking barge ! Nice work !

 

1 hour ago, Zippi said:

Alright boys....we have a looked here.  Dang Mario, that is just a good looking model.  Really well done and that green just pops.  I really like this one.  Nice job.

 

1 hour ago, bisc63 said:

Beautiful job on that Caddy kit. Love that Tamiya pearl green. Well done.

 

1 hour ago, bbowser said:

Great job on the foil and paint!  The ultimate fin car.

 

51 minutes ago, ea0863 said:

Sweet build! The only thing is the car looks 1:25th scale, and the wings look like 1:18 :) 

 

28 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

Nice.

Thanks guys, appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is just perfect. I opened that kit seen the decals and said " BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH" the body trim decals are weak looking. That BMF had to be a pain. I had the same idea then stuck back in the stash and said maybe later. Do you have any hints for your BMF work?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, TNT said:

That is just perfect. I opened that kit seen the decals and said " BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH" the body trim decals are weak looking. That BMF had to be a pain. I had the same idea then stuck back in the stash and said maybe later. Do you have any hints for your BMF work?

thanks Anthony, my only advice i can give you is have a fresh supply of BMF, I use the original stuff not the new improve chrome I find it very difficult to conform to the body. the most important thing is to have a brand new blade. In a way I find it easier when the trim is large it is easier to handle. If you can practice on discarded body it sure would help. Even after all those years, I still have the jitters every time I have to do it but once I start , I ease up and then it just gets easier as I get " in the groove". Hope this helps and good luck with your BMF future project.

cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, happy grumpy said:

thanks Anthony, my only advice i can give you is have a fresh supply of BMF, I use the original stuff not the new improve chrome I find it very difficult to conform to the body. the most important thing is to have a brand new blade. In a way I find it easier when the trim is large it is easier to handle. If you can practice on discarded body it sure would help. Even after all those years, I still have the jitters every time I have to do it but once I start , I ease up and then it just gets easier as I get " in the groove". Hope this helps and good luck with your BMF future project.

cheers

Thanks. I have done BMF  just not such a large piece. I figured i would copy the decals, cut them out, then trace them on the back of the foil. Then getting propper placement would be a issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beautiful build Mario, love the color combination.

The fifth photo (rear 3/4 oblique near the stairs) has a great viewpoint angle and lighting, giving it a nice dramatic feel and good visual interest.

David G.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beautiful looking paint finish and the color looks period correct even if it may not be. Impressive looking foil trim. I always like your studio photography. My '59 Caddy memory has to do with a young lady whose parents had a baby blue Coupe de Ville.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, David G. said:

Beautiful build Mario, love the color combination.

The fifth photo (rear 3/4 oblique near the stairs) has a great viewpoint angle and lighting, giving it a nice dramatic feel and good visual interest.

David G.

Thanks David. Photographing models is almost a hobby on it's own for me.I enjoy it as much as building.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking paint finish and the color looks period correct even if it may not be. Impressive looking foil trim. I always like your studio photography. My '59 Caddy memory has to do with a young lady whose parents had a baby blue Coupe de Ville.  

Thanks David, Personally, I feel a deep connection to cars from the 50's and the 60's, the golden age of automobile, I suspect I'm not the only one. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 1959scudetto said:

Very nice model, Mario - a different color that suits it well, perfect foiling and the photography with these cool backgrounds is your trademark, anyway !

Thanks Helmut. Taking these photos is just as fun as building models. I use many of my pictures as a slideshow on my computer and I fooled many into thinking they were real cars. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Wow Mario, another masterpiece.  Just gorgeous!!  I think the '59 Coupe DeVille may be the most beautiful Caddy built.

Thanks Mike, it certainly did a big impression on me when I saw one, these were pretty rare back then where I lived. The 50' were truly about no holds barred styling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...