Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2023 1Quarter


Mr mopar
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm really happy to see Revell issue another Car/ Bass Boat combo.

I've got the Bronco/Buggy set, and I'll be getting one of these too.

Revell, how about Taking the "Pulled Pork" Blazer, and putting it back to stock, and giving us a GM tow vehicle combo. The Revell Dirt Bikes, or the Honda ATV would make a nice load!

Anyway, thanks for these Combo kits! I'll buy every one you make.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Can't wait for that Corrado. 1/8 E-Type with modern Revell decal sheet will be a winner as well. Looks like the next variant on the Series 3 Landy will be a three-door commercial version. That could be an awesome resto-mod.

Edited by jaymcminn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Odd thing is that Landy done by Italeri as 109. Guess 110 version ok, but don’t quite understand overlap. 
Corrado a G60? I don’t recall if they kitted VR6. Decent resin one around though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, jaymcminn said:

1/8 E-Type with modern Revell decal sheet will be a winner as well.

There is a German store on Ebay that has sold brand new kits for years of the last reissue (2014): https://www.ebay.de/itm/REVELL-07390-1-8-JAGUAR-E-TYPE-XK-E-NEU-OVP/314100223698?redirect=mobile

I have not seen any other store sell them. Do they have some exclusive deal with Revell or what? Or just a huge stock that has lasted for ages?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, dbostream said:

There is a German store on Ebay that has sold brand new kits for years of the last reissue (2014): https://www.ebay.de/itm/REVELL-07390-1-8-JAGUAR-E-TYPE-XK-E-NEU-OVP/314100223698?redirect=mobile

I have not seen any other store sell them. Do they have some exclusive deal with Revell or what? Or just a huge stock that has lasted for ages?

IIRC it was a 3rd party release.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, keyser said:

Odd thing is that Landy done by Italeri as 109. Guess 110 version ok, but don’t quite understand overlap. 
Corrado a G60? I don’t recall if they kitted VR6. Decent resin one around though. 

I hope they fixd the roof on the corrado, it has too much curve to it and should be flatter. The land rover model numbers refer to the wheelbase length. The first land rovers had a 88inch wheelbase but from the series 2 it went u to 90 on the short ones and the long ones started being made. I believe they started at 108 inch and slowly crept up to 112 by the early 90s but you could get them in other lengths by special order. also if your ever buying a used land rover try and find an ex coastguard one, low miles, better suspension and wheels and perfect servicing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Friend has ex coast guard diesel. Minty. 
I know the wb stuff, I’m a fan. Just with so many body styles, duplicating one (that’s on market now) seemed odd. 
I’ve got a couple unbuilt Monogram 88’s, hope they can do a 90 off new tool since 88 has disappeared for decades. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, keyser said:

Friend has ex coast guard diesel. Minty. 
I know the wb stuff, I’m a fan. Just with so many body styles, duplicating one (that’s on market now) seemed odd. 
I’ve got a couple unbuilt Monogram 88’s, hope they can do a 90 off new tool since 88 has disappeared for decades. 

Well that one on the market by Italeri is the old ESCI kit that's nearly 40 years old at this point. I'm guessing they'll make a case it's time for a new one. If 40 yr old kits were good enough that pretty much means we don't ever need newer versions of any model ever that's already been made. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I applaud Revell for tooling up a modern version, I do think that the Esci version stand it's ground especially that while it's curbside their chassis and suspension parts look more in scale then the oversize, dare I say, robust to play with parts of the new Revell version.

Also a British modelling group has brought to attention that there were some errors in the RHD version.

The plan in my head is to combine the Revel kit with the Esci, but so far I haven't bought the Revell kit.

 

Edited by Luc Janssens
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Don Sikora II said:

With the fishing boat? It's the 1/24 Monogram glue kit. The only SnapTite Bronco that I remember was 1/32 scale.

I guess I was thinking "simplified version" that seemed like a Snap kit to me.

20221113_094100.png.07d7d5d886fc44ab0f44b01e7af508c4.png

20221113_094013.png.eb2e20a6ee6516442431e7b5f8d4e509.png

20221113_093937.png.0f5bde2a8429393c0bf6dbd321beb88b.png

Which was also in the Yamahauler of many years ago. 

s-l640.jpg.bfe89f6d6f5e89d4a267c8933ea79fe4.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...