Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

This, Which I do not recommend to anyone, its the most ill designed pile of Garbage "Direct Fit" exhaust system ever, my buddy's shop had to modify every single piece of pipe.

GEDC0380_zps4a2487f0.jpg

But after 4 hours of fighting and modifying, it sounds, looks, and runs better.
10372800_10203771674189747_3164095381179

1382933_10203771674149746_76067264584838

Nick

My little score from our Model Club Meeting. Our good friend Darryl Gassaway is selling kits to raise funds for Victory Junction that where donated by Suzy Augustyn. Good deal all around!

Could not believe he had the Nissan Pathfinder! One of my grail kits!

Pathy_zpsc29d4971.jpg

This is the best find I have got in a long time.

1393396471.jpg

The only thing missing is one tire, parts are in great shape and the glass is good.

I hope I did alright? Gave $10.00 for it!

Nice score James, I finished my Toronado the other month, great kit to build with a bit of research B)

Doing my part to keep my local FedEx Office in business today...

14242733631_33669d9bda_b.jpgDSC01604 (1280x933) by niteowl7710, on Flickr

Detail-Up sets for the Aoshima Subaru BRZ, Aventador, Tamiya Nissan GT-R Z-Tune, and Studio 27 Carbon Fiber decals for the Aoshima McLaren F1 GTR Longtail.
14222878556_faa657c4f2_b.jpgDSC01605 (1280x676) by niteowl7710, on Flickr

A couple of models too...been so busy with the kids this morning since the FedEx guy was about two hours later than normal, that I haven't even had a chance to look through any of these yet.
14245720584_c09f8423db_b.jpgDSC01606 (1280x857) by niteowl7710, on Flickr

Got another shop project / customer service work in.

1970 Road Runner , real 440 six barrel car.

BUT, now powered by 493 cu in , 735 hp ( thats not a typo or a guess either ) six barrel fed big block.

I get to redo the clutch and fuel systems .

5.06.6small.jpg

4.16.1small.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

Doing my part to keep my local FedEx Office in business today...

14242733631_33669d9bda_b.jpgDSC01604 (1280x933) by niteowl7710, on Flickr

Detail-Up sets for the Aoshima Subaru BRZ, Aventador, Tamiya Nissan GT-R Z-Tune, and Studio 27 Carbon Fiber decals for the Aoshima McLaren F1 GTR Longtail.

14222878556_faa657c4f2_b.jpgDSC01605 (1280x676) by niteowl7710, on Flickr

A couple of models too...been so busy with the kids this morning since the FedEx guy was about two hours later than normal, that I haven't even had a chance to look through any of these yet.

14245720584_c09f8423db_b.jpgDSC01606 (1280x857) by niteowl7710, on Flickr

Talk about cleaning house James. Hows the F1 GTR kit? As good as it's been hyped up to be?

Talk about cleaning house James. Hows the F1 GTR kit? As good as it's been hyped up to be?

Well if you look over yonder that cloud of smoke would be the Fujimi versions of these kits getting blown away.

I'm still waiting on the Aoshima "Factory" Detail-Up Set before I dig into this one, that's got a June Restock as it stands right now (although Hobby Search has it in stock). EDIT - I got a Payment Request from HLJ for it this afternoon - so FUTURE orders are a June Restock. I'm also not sure how available the Studio 27 decals will be for it going forwards, as they tend to be limited runs with maybe one or two reprints then onto the next project. But looking at everything last night, if you can snag the kit, the Detail-Up Set (P/E, Seat belt material, and some other odds and ends) and the C/F decal set I think it would be a force to be reckoned with right out of the box. If you can find it State-Side, and it's the Export version of the Presentation/Pre-Season Testing kit (I don't believe the actual livery version will be like this) it's supposed to have the Detail-Up Set as part of the kit as a "bonus" for the higher prices we pay here at the LHS. I think it's still cheaper to buy separately through HLJ, but if you see one, that's why they're going to run like $70+ domestically.

I know some people were a little annoyed they put so much effort into a racing kit, but if the subject appeals to you, AND you want/need a full engine detail version of a Long Tail this may tick all of the quality and "WOW" factory boxes to make Tamiya take a serious turn to look over their shoulders.

A lot of people like to toss that "Tamiya-like" term around, and I suspect most of them have never actually built more than a handful (if any) Tamiya kits - they just know the reputation and parrot it, but this kit IS Tamiya-like. They went through SEVEN test shots before putting this kit out, and it shows.

Edited by niteowl7710

Well if you look over yonder that cloud of smoke would be the Fujimi versions of these kits getting blown away.

I'm still waiting on the Aoshima "Factory" Detail-Up Set before I dig into this one, that's got a June Restock as it stands right now (although Hobby Search has it in stock). EDIT - I got a Payment Request from HLJ for it this afternoon - so FUTURE orders are a June Restock. I'm also not sure how available the Studio 27 decals will be for it going forwards, as they tend to be limited runs with maybe one or two reprints then onto the next project. But looking at everything last night, if you can snag the kit, the Detail-Up Set (P/E, Seat belt material, and some other odds and ends) and the C/F decal set I think it would be a force to be reckoned with right out of the box. If you can find it State-Side, and it's the Export version of the Presentation/Pre-Season Testing kit (I don't believe the actual livery version will be like this) it's supposed to have the Detail-Up Set as part of the kit as a "bonus" for the higher prices we pay here at the LHS. I think it's still cheaper to buy separately through HLJ, but if you see one, that's why they're going to run like $70+ domestically.

I know some people were a little annoyed they put so much effort into a racing kit, but if the subject appeals to you, AND you want/need a full engine detail version of a Long Tail this may tick all of the quality and "WOW" factory boxes to make Tamiya take a serious turn to look over their shoulders.

A lot of people like to toss that "Tamiya-like" term around, and I suspect most of them have never actually built more than a handful (if any) Tamiya kits - they just know the reputation and parrot it, but this kit IS Tamiya-like. They went through SEVEN test shots before putting this kit out, and it shows.

Sounds like a must have. I personally prefer the the street version of the F1 but I still really like the "Race" version, also full detail is a plus. Now if only we could get a P1 soon..

Got another shop project / customer service work in.

1970 Road Runner , real 440 six barrel car.

BUT, now powered by 493 cu in , 735 hp ( thats not a typo or a guess either ) six barrel fed big block.

I get to redo the clutch and fuel systems .

5.06.6small.jpg

4.16.1small.jpg

|WWWWWHHOOOO|AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWHHHHHH

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...