Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Yup...complete panel with all the gangster bits and a black cabriolet body too...

I want to say Mark B or Don Sikora or someone else mentioned that both kits were included in some issues a few years ago...I'll do some digging, but nice find either way. You're making a coupe out of that cabriolet, right? ^_^

I think I have some resin copies of a Jo-Han air cleaner...might be from a 66 or 67?

I made about 10 practicing casting parts, so if you need one let me know!

That's a great rebuilder and looks like no little kids banged the trim or did other evil little kid things to it.

The '65 300 Air cleaner is different than the '66 & '67 piece.

The '65's was a plain one.

The '66 & '67 had the "440 TNT" air cleaner.

But, they are basically the same otherwise.

Steve

DSCN3772DSCN5040

I had a good day. I received the following:

(2) '61 Pontiac Catalinas from Mobieus

(1) '67 Camaro SS/RS from Monogram.

I am happy with these, and I also have a '61 Pontiac Catalina Post Sedan Resin Body coming from Missing Link Resin. I have not yet built my '61 Ventura, but I know what I want to do with it.

That I gotta see! :blink:

85-4377-lg.jpg

It is the Nickey Chevrolet version. Non stock, but I have the parts left over from the one I built originally, as well as parts from my parts box, as well as an unbuilt original version of the kit. I plan to do an Indy Pace Car Convertible. I have the parts to do the car.

85-4377-lg.jpg

It is the Nickey Chevrolet version. Non stock, but I have the parts left over from the one I built originally, as well as parts from my parts box, as well as an unbuilt original version of the kit. I plan to do an Indy Pace Car Convertible. I have the parts to do the car.

Isn't that a Revell kit? Or did you find one in a Monogram box?  (If so, where can I get one for my collection?) 

From the Kit Collectors Show in Garden Grove, CA 

keller17 (2).jpg

Scored a Monogram Honest Engine built up in a bag, for only $3! Along with an Equipment Limited Cement Mixer for only $2! 

keller18.jpg

Got this resin body for a couple of bucks as well. i think I need the Revell Skyliner to finish it. 

keller20.jpg

Edited by Daddyfink

Got this resin body for a couple of bucks as well. i think I need the Revell Skyliner to finish it. 

That looks like a real blast from the past!  The resin color and overall style make me think it's from California Auto Replicas (CARS), a one-man company from way back in the early 1990s.  Can't remember the owner's name, but he was a really nice guy who used to show up and sell at the Kit Collector/Keller shows. His resin bodies usually came in a long plastic bag, with a header card showing the CARS logo.

If it's a CARS body, it was mastered off the old PMC '59 Ford wagon promo from the 1950s.  I had one years ago but traded it.  As I remember, the grille/bumpers from the REVELL Skyliner looked like they would fit with a little fiddling.

And boy, do I miss the Keller shows!  I used to drive down early on Sun. morning from Los Angeles.  After the Keller show, I'd hit Brookhurst Hobbies.  And until it closed, The Military Shop in Long Beach.

That looks like a real blast from the past!  The resin color and overall style make me think it's from California Auto Replicas (CARS), a one-man company from way back in the early 1990s.  Can't remember the owner's name, but he was a really nice guy who used to show up and sell at the Kit Collector/Keller shows. His resin bodies usually came in a long plastic bag, with a header card showing the CARS logo.

If it's a CARS body, it was mastered off the old PMC '59 Ford wagon promo from the 1950s.  I had one years ago but traded it.  As I remember, the grille/bumpers from the REVELL Skyliner looked like they would fit with a little fiddling.

And boy, do I miss the Keller shows!  I used to drive down early on Sun. morning from Los Angeles.  After the Keller show, I'd hit Brookhurst Hobbies.  And until it closed, The Military Shop in Long Beach.

That show is always crazy and there is always something to buy. The body is super thing, almost feels like a vacuum formed body. I mainly bought it for the novelty of it, and for only a couple of bucks, why not?

Yeah, I skipped Brookhurst on this trip, had to get home early, but I will definitely do the circle on the next trip. Show, Brookhurst, Burbank and Pegasus. 

I was talking to a friend of mine last night. She runs a small thrift shop (mainly furniture). I told her that if she ever came across any model related stuff to set it aside for me. She told me that she has a box of built models in here shed from her deceased brother that I can have. She said that she remembers him building models back when she was about 10. That would make them, at least, 30 years old. She knows that there is a Star Trek Enterprise and thinks that there are a few cars. Who knows. Could be garbage, could be gold. I am DYING to see what GOLD is there! Stay tuned....

Later-

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...