Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

27 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

Nice Geoff. 

Thanks David, I'm not sure when I'll get around to building it through,due to work I'm lucky if I get a few days a month to get time to sit at the building bench,and then I have to crack on with the two kits i have to build that were supplied by Revell, but it seems Ebbro kits get sold out pretty quickly and then they seem to pop up on eBay at a highly inflated price.

1 hour ago, ROY FERGUSON said:

Yes it is a TAB book 
MODERN AUTOMOTIVE SERIES
BLUE RIDGE SUMMIT. PA.
FIRST PRINTING JULY 1980

I went to work at TAB Books in September or October 1980, so I just missed working on that one. B)

20 minutes ago, ROY FERGUSON said:

Did TAB publish any other model kit related books ?

Yes, but they weren't particularly good. Well, there was one by Dennis Doty that wasn't awful, but if you never find any of them, don't feel like you've missed anything. 

Great scores indeed, Josh! A couple things: For some reason, AMT put full-size promo tires in the '63 Nova Craftsman kit instead of the compact promo tires - thus the poor fit on the wheels. Not too hard to find the correct ones.

Next, on the Tempest, I did a sort-of-tutorial on making the door window frames more accurate:

Hope this helps - good luck!

Nothing special, just a couple more Johan Mopars. They should arrive Monday or Tuesday.

Two Dart HT's

image.png.325ca8fadf5f1573a14d20d281f645d6.png

Two Fury HT's

image.png.74c3b842a57d83934cf1929368ba31b3.png

A Fury convertible

image.png.62273134cfd6f3a221a711f5e57a0a60.png

and a Dart convertible

image.png.f3d377ab5a393152ebef68cfe50c8db1.png

With these, and the other Darts/Furys I have in the stash, I have enough to open a dealership. :D

3 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Nothing special, just a couple more Johan Mopars. They should arrive Monday or Tuesday

With these, and the other Darts/Furys I have in the stash, I have enough to open a dealership. :D

Nice buys.

A couple weeks ago I found a replacement for a kit I built and lost a long time ago! I was searching local Facebook Marketplace for a 1:1 Land Cruiser and came across a 3 month old ad for this. The guy said it had been started, he had lost interest and it was missing parts. He was asking $20 and I snapped it up. It was missing the hood, but everything seemed to be there, it even had 3 extra matching wheels and tires for some reason. I just opened it up to look at scratching a hood and found that it has a clear hood included so it has everything I need to build it. Very happy!

modelLandCruiser.PNG

3 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Thanks, Dave. Actually, they were trades. I sent the other guy four Fujimi and Aoshima supercar kits I never had any plans for. The Johans aren't mint; so, it was pretty much an even deal. :)

Still nice trade Joe.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...