Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 2019-06-29 at 8:22 PM, cobraman said:

My wife bought me this today at Hobby Lobby for my birthday . She also bought me a new BBQ ! 

CC00B213-934E-4033-A01C-94EB013FA1D5.jpeg

Ray, please let your wife know she missed my birthday at the beginning of the month and the Boss 302 will do just fine, thanks.

3 hours ago, Fish_65 said:

Plasti-Claus stopped at my place today !

1st time I've bought anything from Shapeways & I'm very happy.

IMG_6350.JPG

IMG_6351.JPG

Those grilles look great, but appear to be delicate. I really like the detail.

Seeing my local shop doesn’t carry Model Masters paint. I drove to my local Hobby Lobby which is 50 miles away. Scored. The woman was just starting to mark the kits down. She was nice enough to let me look and her list and I picked these kits up today for $7.49 each.  There were about 12 kits to be marked down but I bought only what I didn’t have. Plus my clear coats. 

Anyone near Lake George and Latham should head out before they are all gone. 

C158C481-8073-42F3-9C8E-56722C518F66.jpeg

Edited by ewetwo

On 7/1/2019 at 12:10 PM, Fish_65 said:

Plasti-Claus stopped at my place today !

1st time I've bought anything from Shapeways & I'm very happy.

IMG_6350.JPG

IMG_6351.JPG

I have the 68 Roadrunner and GTX grilles.

didn't know the GTX door panels were avail. Now just need seats to finish this one

1968GTX.thumb.JPG.190f54b5606d6c1541fa902f5b1eaf4e.JPG

Those 3d printed GTX parts are nice, have them and the Road Runner grille and the 69 Satellite grille and wheels, looking forward to them doing a '68 GTX decklid and taillight panel. 

Got my HLJ PW shipment from last week--2 from Aoshima, 2 from Hasegawa.

2v2EVNjANxEMg7.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall

Went into a HL on my way home from work tonight. Lots of the same stuff that other people have shown was red tagged.

I should have bought all of the kits, but only bought a Mack DM600. $11.99 Red tag sale!

Checked the store nearest my house & there were no red tags,but lots of empty spots on the shelves.

dm600.jpg

Found a winner at the flea market this morning , MPC 68 Coronet convertible , no instructions , the box shows a U haul trailer but not in the box , also a few pieces are off the chrome tree  ,have to find a picture of a complete one to see whats missing . If anyone happens to have a pic of the chrome tree it would be appreciated . Having trouble uploading the pics , will try later .

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj_3N6rhJrjAhWO1lkKHVrsCesQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scalemates.com%2Fkits%2Fmpc-1868-200-1968-coronet-super-bee-convertible-r-t--543740&psig=AOvVaw2tT_cUxFkuuuQfXzoBekBJ&ust=1562287412536613

Edited by oldnslow
add link to pic

That is a winner!  Congrats!  Looking forward to the pix.

I just got back from the big local Wed. flea market.  Wed. seems like a weird day for a flea market, but this one has been running for about 40 years. It was very busy, even though a killer storm came thru last night. The storm uprooted some giant ancient oak trees, and you almost needed SCUBA gear to walk thru all the mud and deep puddles. An employee told me they had work crews out at 5:30 A.M. cutting up the fallen trees.

Along with some old kits, my big find was 2 built Jo-Hans: a '60 Plymouth Fury and '60 Desoto Adventurer.  The seller thought they were promos, but I don't think so.  For one thing, they're both very straight and not warped.  The Plymouth has a crack in the roof, barely visible and easily fixed. The Desoto has open steel wheels with hubcaps. One hubcap had fallen off but the seller still had it (WHEW!). Both are neatly painted, including the interiors.  The Desoto still has the rear-view mirror on top of the dashboard. 

They weren't cheap, but they weren't eBay-Crazy priced either.  This seller recently got a bunch of promos from an estate sale. He had some Banthrico Pontiacs, a 4-door Olds, and several Studebakers, including a '53 2-door coupe (with the window post). 

I'll post pix later in "What Did You Get Today?"

Edited by Mike999

1 hour ago, oldnslow said:

Found a winner at the flea market this morning , MPC 68 Coronet convertible , no instructions , the box shows a U haul trailer but not in the box , also a few pieces are off the chrome tree  ,have to find a picture of a complete one to see whats missing . If anyone happens to have a pic of the chrome tree it would be appreciated . Having trouble uploading the pics , will try later .

Don't know if this will help or not but here are the instructions for the Coronet R/T http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/mkiba-build-under-c/mpc-instructions/automotive-cars--pi/dodge/1961-1970/mpc-1968-dodge-coro/1968dodgecoronetrti.html

12 hours ago, Lordmodelbuilder said:

I should have bought all of the kits, but only bought a Mack DM600. $11.99 Red tag sale!

You're the only other person, besides me, who's mentioned finding that Mack at Hobby Lobby.  My nearest store only had one and I grabbed it. I've always liked the brutal, old-school look of that truck, but didn't want to pay full price. $11.99 made it a no-brainer. Especially with the original price of $45.99 still on it!

Flea Market Day here!  All these kits were reasonably priced. I've been trying to find a stock '34 Ford coupe for a while.  The "Daisy" Road Runner has some minor gluing, engine and interior, but it's neatly done.

The real prize today was the 2 Jo-Hans, a '60 Desoto Adventurer and '60 Plymouth Fury.  The seller thought they were promos, but I'm pretty sure they're built kits. No warping at all. The Desoto is missing a hubcap but the seller still had it. It even has the rear-view mirror, still glued to the dashboard.

Another indication it's a kit - under the hubcaps it has stock steel wheels. The "USA Oldie" re-issue of the '60 Desoto and Plymouth wagon had engines, which these models don't. But I'm not sure when Jo-Han added the separate hood and engine.

The Plymouth has a crack in the roof, easily fixed, and a couple other minor dings.  Both kits look like tail-draggers. But that's only because the rear lowering blocks have come unglued. Both should look pretty good on the shelf, with a little cleaning and re-work.  They weren't exactly cheap, but they weren't priced eBay-Crazy either.

7-3-19a.JPG

7-3-19b.JPG

Edited by Mike999

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...