Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Another one to add to my Mopar collection.

IMG_0431.jpg

grumpy gus

I picked that one up a couple weeks ago...I built the original issue about 20 years ago. I picked up a resin 6 pack hood to go with it...thinking a mild street machine build w/ period style mags..

Got the Missing Link resin '76 Fury 4dr conversion parts today...pretty nice. I'm thinking beige.

Did you happen to notice who made the master for that car? Alot of work in that one believe it or not, Getting that header panel to fit was a pain. Keep me posted when you start on it, I have been messing with one of mine also, I had to put it away and start on something else.

I got this in a trade, It is complete, But I need to find replacement bumpers for it, I have everything for the car, Minus the front bumper, And the rear bumper was has some glue damage at the bottom, So I'm looking for the bumpers from one of the Jo-Han/Testors 71 Cuda kits. I still have the shaker hood, And Shaker ,But That part was glued to the bottom of the hood, so it needs to be reworked. Here is the after photos ,I Removed all the paint, And started on the body work. 71mpccuda5.jpg71mpccuda4.jpg71mpccuda3.jpg71mpccuda2.jpg71mpccuda1.jpg

killerbee003-vi.jpg

I think I can make something of it...

Last time I was at Dean's, he had this and the Chevy pickup with the Peterbilt-y front end from the same series. THAT one was gone the next time, but I still got the Bee! :lol:

Now THAT is a cool kit..... I want one...

All I got was some styrene rod for my 4 link

killerbee003-vi.jpg

I think I can make something of it...

Last time I was at Dean's, he had this and the Chevy pickup with the Peterbilt-y front end from the same series. THAT one was gone the next time, but I still got the Bee! :lol:

Now THAT is a cool kit..... I want one...

All I got was some styrene rod for my 4 link

I got another Revell 68 Hemi Dart kit, 3 cans of Testors One Coat Clear, 3 cans of Testors One Coat paint(Purple-Licious, Lime Ice, and Revving Red) and 2 books from Books-a-Million "Hemi: The Ultimate American V8" and " Standard Catalog of American Muscle Cars"

This weekend went to a local Flea Market. I picked-up more than I wanted to admit to my girlfriend but since she is at work right now I can get it inside and hide it before she gets here. I really did go a bit overboard but I just got my first paycheck from my new job (was out of work for over a year) and I splurged a little.

AMT

'29 Ford Model A Roadster - #31757

'29 Ford Model A Roadster - #6572

'39 Wagon Rod - #30087

'32 Ford - #38017

Riptide '60 Corvette - #6621

'57 Chevy Stepside - #6309

'59 Corvette (reggie jackson series) - #4183

Porsche 935 - #8866

Testors

Boyd's Smoothster - #5305

Vantastic - #5309

Revell

'57 Nomad (Highway Scenes) - #7801

'56 Corvette 1/32 snap - #1102

'56 Ford Custom Pickup (hot rod edition) - #7124

Dodge Sidwinder Show Truck - #7662

'31 Model A Sedan - #2169

Thom Taylor '34 Ford Cabriolet - #7647 x2

'41 Willys Street Rod - #2371

VW Street Machine - #7143

'32 Ford Highboy - #7625

BMW Z8 - #2332 (ROA box ROG kit)

"37 Ford Convertable w/trailer - #7245

'32 Ford 3-window - #7605

Toyota 4x4 pickup snap - #6205

'63 Chevy Lowrider (Amigo pack) - #6682 Sold the diecast to another vendor on the way out

Dodge Ram Pickup (Amigo pack) - #6688 Sold the diecast to a dodge salesman on the way to my car for more than I paid for the kit :)

MPC

Special Edition C4 Corvette - #3724

Corvette Roadster '88 - #6204

Deora Show Car - #38437 (got this free from a vendor friend of mine who made a bet a couple months ago about how much it was worth if it didn't sell in 3 months he would give it me free)

Monogram

Corvette Coupe 1/20th - #2404

Custom Corvette Coupe 1/20 - #2406

'87 Corvette Roadster - #2742

USAirfix

Corvette Custom - #8141

Lindberg

Captian Kidd Pirate ship - #70873

Pyro

'30 Packard Boat-tail Roadster 1/32 - #C34379 only missing metal axles

'31 Le Mans Works Team Aston Martin 1/32 - #C34360 missing a few parts but completable as is

Palmer

'30 Ford Custom convertable 1/32 - #403 started and missing instructions but all parts in box including decals

I also picked-up a '65 Chevy Impala screw chassis model with weird see-saw seats. I thought the seats were cool and for a few bucks i thought it was worth it. I have already gotten my monies worth in fun just playing with the seats. The fun of ADHD. I would like to know who made it. I put together a Revell 65 Impala a couple months ago and it looks nothing like this car.

All that does not include the kits that I re-sold while trying to walk out of the place. It was pretty interesting people followed me out to my car just to see what all I got and to try and buy some. I didn't keep track of what I resold but it was at least 8 kits. After selling the diecasts from the 2 Amigo packs and what I resold in models I came home with 37 kits and a built up for only $87.50. That's a per model cost of $2.30.

Edited by ra7c7er

Didnt actually get anything model wise but model related. After 4 long years I finally got electricity in my 10'x20' storage building that will also be my man cave/model shop. I can finally do some models,make all the mess I want, drink some beer, jam some tunes, and I cant wait.

I can also finally put up all my car swag that Ive picked up from the past drag races Ive been to. I still have to insulate it, get some shelving up, and install the brand new vinyl window I got for a case of beer, today has been a great day. Im thinking of taking some progress pics as I go along?

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...