Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I celebrated my birthday yesterday, and I picked up the following in the past few weeks:

A built-up 1962 Cadillac Fleetwood to complete my Cadillac Collection in Scale

A Missing Link Resin 1961 Pontiac Catalina 2 Door Sedan Transkit to go with one of my Mobieus 61 Catalinas.

Various Resin wheelcovers and accessories to enhance my builds.

A 1970 Hemi cuda for the Rallye Wheels for the 1970 Charger kit that O bought Last month, along with the AMT White lettered Polyglas GT Tires for those kits.

I have to get out of my building slump.

After seeing so many great builds here on the board, I have to get back to work. I have so many ideas for these and the others I have.

Happy birthday Ron..!  I have the old 62 Cadillac Fleetwood too...cool model.

Yesterday I got a old Revell custom van parts pack from a trade deal here....now on to finding the rest needed for the replica project.

I like old Cadillacs. I have all the JoHan Caddys except the 77 and 79 from 61 on. My 59 and 60 are based on the superb Monogram 59. I have a resin 59 Fleetwood Sixty Special that I may combine with my last Monogram kit to do a really nice one if I don't run out of time. The 77 and 79 will come to.me one day. My dad had a 83 Coupe re Ville, which I may use the Revell Fleetwood Hardtop as the basis. Most of it is in the kit, and I have seen a Conversion done to that kit as a De Ville. Only time will tell. I have so many projects to finish.

Thanks for the shout out!

I like old Cadillacs. I have all the JoHan Caddys except the 77 and 79 from 61 on. My 59 and 60 are based on the superb Monogram 59. I have a resin 59 Fleetwood Sixty Special that I may combine with my last Monogram kit to do a really nice one if I don't run out of time. The 77 and 79 will come to.me one day. My dad had a 83 Coupe re Ville, which I may use the Revell Fleetwood Hardtop as the basis. Most of it is in the kit, and I have seen a Conversion done to that kit as a De Ville. Only time will tell. I have so many projects to finish.

Thanks for the shout out!

You welcome Ron.  I like the Caddys too...the family owned a few as well....67,68,69,70 coupes and a 68 hearse or flower car...?   I have these but they all need parts to restore them...

59,62 Fleetwood 4doors

66 Hearse and Haulin-Hearse

67 coupe HT promo

68 coupe HT

78 ? coupe HT promo.?...needs nothing

All are Johan ones...I love the big long body style cars of the 60s to mid 70s era...2 door,4door,wagons there all good to me.

You welcome Ron.  I like the Caddys too...the family owned a few as well....67,68,69,70 coupes and a 68 hearse or flower car...?   I have these but they all need parts to restore them...

59,62 Fleetwood 4doors

66 Hearse and Haulin-Hearse

67 coupe HT promo

68 coupe HT

78 ? coupe HT promo.?...needs nothing

All are Johan ones...I love the big long body style cars of the 60s to mid 70s era...2 door,4door,wagons there all good to me.

It's a shame that The Modelhaus is closing down. I am very patient, so when I see something I need on Ebay, or at a show, I pick it up. For instance, a friend gave me a '68 Coupe de Ville promo, which had broken " A " pillars,  cracks along the side and missing Chrome. I have the chrome, now I have to fix the body. I know how I am going to do it. It's Dark Brown, so when I re-paint it, it will have to be a coordinating color, because I like the interior color. The '62 Fleetwood I just got was in very good shape, needing a thorough cleaning, a repair on one of the fin tips, a re-chroming of the bumpers and the wheels, and a set of stock Tail lights. None of the gee-gaws that JoHan put in the kit was put on the model, so that was a definite plus.

It's a shame that The Modelhaus is closing down. I am very patient, so when I see something I need on Ebay, or at a show, I pick it up. For instance, a friend gave me a '68 Coupe de Ville promo, which had broken " A " pillars,  cracks along the side and missing Chrome. I have the chrome, now I have to fix the body. I know how I am going to do it. It's Dark Brown, so when I re-paint it, it will have to be a coordinating color, because I like the interior color. The '62 Fleetwood I just got was in very good shape, needing a thorough cleaning, a repair on one of the fin tips, a re-chroming of the bumpers and the wheels, and a set of stock Tail lights. None of the gee-gaws that JoHan put in the kit was put on the model, so that was a definite plus.

Ron... yeah my 67 coupe DeVille is that way...needs posts and glass,bumpers,taillights,one wheel and tire...shame I cant find them.

Got an NOS '61 Ford convertible interior bucket to go in the car I got at Model Empire; the original had very tough black paint on it and when I got most of it off, I found a crack running from the back seat all the way to the rear :rolleyes:. I'll probably separate the front seat and put a full floor under it.

My final Model Haus order arrived yesterday.  I found it on the doorstep when we returned home from our Thanksgiving in New Jersey.  I had ordered in that "last hurrah" when they reopened the website for a few days....

I knew I had limited time so I didn't go through every box and junker I own looking to see what parts I needed.  I focused on buying the unique complete kits that they offered. My first pass through the website gave me a $1200 order!  I knew that wasn't realistic for me nor fair to Don and Carol.  So I whittled it down to four items I really wanted.   

Drum roll...

I bought...

1957 Plymouth wagon 

1958 Ford Pickup 

1962 Chrysler wagon

1965 Chevy wagon

I opened the package today with my morning coffee and examined all the contents. All the parts in each kit were bagged and everything was very well packed. Even though they are at the end of the line, they didn't cut any corners... every piece is spectacular and looks like styrene. No flash to trim, probably very little if any clean up at all.  I'm very happy that I ordered when I could.  Thank you Don and Carol!

Edited by Tom Geiger

My final Model Haus order arrived yesterday.  I found it on the doorstep when we returned home from our Thanksgiving in New Jersey.  I had ordered in that "last hurrah" when they reopened the website for a few days....

I opened the package today with my morning coffee and examined all the contents. All the parts in each kit were bagged and everything was very well packed. Even though they are at the end of the line, they didn't cut any corners... every piece is spectacular and looks like styrene. No flash to trim, probably very little if any clean up at all.  I'm very happy that I ordered when I could.  Thank you Don and Carol!

That's what made Carol and Tom the best. Right to the end.

Got a Heller '34 Hispano-Suiza K6 off eBay.  Reasonable price because it has minor chassis assembly, but that's OK. It just saves me some work. Love that old Heller art and will probably hang the box-top on the wall.

I started on one of these a couple years ago and goofed badly on several tricks I was trying to do.  Lessons learned.  I want to build this as a car abandoned in the garage of a former movie star, which then sat for many years in the back row of a Los Angeles used-car dealer. Until it was resurrected as a surf wagon...

Think Norma Desmond's Isotta-Fraschini in the movie "Sunset Blvd.," sort of.  With the separate chauffeur's office and wicker bodywork, the 2 cars resemble each other. Weird Trivia: that Isotta-Fraschini originally belonged to the socialite Peggy Hopkins Joyce.  It was a gift from her lover, Walter P. Chrysler.

k6.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...