Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

that 32 is a great little rod a small block ford or a 392 hemi

After I opened it I was very impressed: many more optional parts than I expected. I knew some of the basics like the 2 engines, the choice of wheels, etc., but was quite surprised by just how much other stuff was included, such as 3 different types of taillights.

It even goes to the level of offering options for the options, since if you elect to use the 5.0 Ford engine, you can then choose between fuel injection or carbed, 2 different types of valve covers, etc. Kind of reminds me of a 60s era AMT Trophy series kit as far as the level of choices it gives you.

Funny thing is that this was kind of a spur of the moment purchase: had a Michael's 50% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket, and they didn't have anything else that interested me. Ended up paying only about $12 for it.

Edited by Robberbaron

Was at pat catans with the wife and while she was browsing the yarn i came across the revell prostreet chevelle which is perfect because i was in dire need of a set of tires and wheels for an upcoming project. Im naming it super nova. Im planning to build a 69 nova after i finish the impala which has stalled due to time restraints. Any who i also came across some wire picture hangers that is braided and i thought hmmm that would be great for spark plug wires or brake lines if i seperate the strands. Each strand measures .010 in diameter which is exact scale for 6mm spark plug wires in both 1/24th and 1/25th. Easier to work with too because it stays put when its bent to shape. Cant wait to get started at the bench

Bought this, and then discovered I'd already got one in the stash,

post-2058-0-99999800-1413564021_thumb.jp

So it will probably be started once the Beetle is finished.

I've also got a couple of the 601 saloon versions in the stash, I've tried in vain to get hold of some Trabant matched paint in the U.K without success, found a place in Germany who would courier me the paint over, so I've ordered one of Champagne and one of Capri green

post-2058-0-38431600-1413564309_thumb.jp

post-2058-0-99950200-1413564321_thumb.jp

Bought this, and then discovered I'd already got one in the stash,

attachicon.gifpost-2058-0-99999800-1413564021.jpg

I just ordered a second one on purpose! Since I'm building the one I have already as a van, I figured I needed a wagon too. There was a vendor who had them on eBay for $20 postpaid. That's a good deal, so I grabbed one. Probably should've grabbed two!

Edited by Tom Geiger

I'm not a kit collector, but when I won this on eBay I was genuinely excited. I just received it and it's absolutely like new, the chrome is bright and shiny, the tires are still flexible, the decals in fine shape, and all the parts are present and accounted for, although quite a few have come off the trees. The box says Copyright 1962 and, judging from slight yellowing on the little Monogram promotional catalogue that is included, it's probably from that era. Was this kit ever re-issued? My understanding is that the tooling was sacrificed to create the Thom Taylor roadster. It has always been recommended as the supreme representation of the '34 3-window and cabriolet and, now that I have one, I can certainly understand why!

It is a beautiful kit, rich in detail and one of those incredible period documents that Monogram did so well. The Hot Rod variants really have that funky "jalopy" vibe that's featured in the cover art of many of the Lindberg and Aurora hot rod kits, but with accurate and well detailed representations of period parts. The body is thin, superbly cast, flash free and crisp, and appears to be faithfully proportioned. While I'd have liked to have seen more individually cast detail parts, such as a separate floor pan, carburetor and intake, etc., the parts count is already astronomical as a result of its Coupe/Cabriolet 3 in 1 Stock, Custom, Competition offering. All in all it is an incredible kit, one of the true all-time greats. If it is actually lost to us because of its conversion then the key parts, like the main body, fenders, roof assembly, cabriolet parts, etc., should be replicated in the aftermarket, or the kit revived as Revellogram did with the Slingster. I'd love to convince some resin caster to make a copy of the key parts ..

Because of its rarity I'm concerned about building it, not so much because of any intrinsic value, but because I'm having trouble deciding which type of car I would build. It would do so many variations so well! But I have no assurance of ever getting another one. That's why I am so anxious to see it revived in some manner. Rest assured I will build it, but it may be a while as I try to resolve this issue one way or another.

CCI09242008_00002-vi.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...