Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

As far as to the violence, I spoke with a retired high school teacher yesterday. She said that the kids now do not respect authority. This begins at home growing up.If you start young teaching respect hopefully it will carry over to later years. One of the problems is that the parents don't have that and there are too many parents addicted to too many things to list here,some legal,many not. You must teach respect for authority,whether they are police,teachers,their parents and older people,etc...

She said that she had a boy come up to her and say," My mama said I don't have to take (poop) off of you"

If this is too political or against forum rules,please delete it,Harry

Edited by gbdolfans

Beautiful, and I mean BEAUTIFUL Canadian cherries on sale at the store today. $1.99 / lb.  Couldn't resist. Cherry anything is fine with me.

And...they taste and have the mouth-feel of reconstituted cardboard and soy protein.  

Image result for cherry

About as satisfying as dating this girl.        article-2236540-16223DBA000005DC-188_306     (She's plastic)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Got some parts replaced on the front end of my car Tuesday. No big deal, other than it probably shouldn't have been needed- last guy to do the alignment made a mess of the parts. Bending a tie-rod and cracking the tie-rod sleeve takes a special breed of dumb.

My mechanic doens't have an alignment rack. No biggie, there are a couple of places a couple miles away that do, so I drove the car over.

First place: We don't have the tools for your car- the other alignment guy quit yesterday, and took the right sockets with him because they were his.

Really- you're that badly-equipped, I asked, more with surprise than upset?

Company sends us tools that are garbage, on a big, heavy car like yours, those parts will snap them.

Not a good way to do business.

Went around the corner to another shop I had been told about- kind of buried, couldn't find them, so I went to another tire shop around the corner.

Nice people, said leave it overnight, we'll get to it tomorrow, very reasonable price, drove me back to my garage to grab my other car, headed to MassCar's meeting.

Got a call this afternoon.

"We couldn't do your alignment."

"Why?"

"Our machine uses four drums, and they won't fit up around the covered (skirted) wheels in the back."

"Who was the moron that designed this?"

"Don't know. We called every alignment shop nearby, nobody could do it. There's a guy in a little side-alley here in Clinton that has a laser machine, that'll work."

So now I have to find him- and I think he was the guy I was looking for originally.

Oy vey...

Charlie Larkin

Thunderstorm yesterday and lightning struck the big oak across the street and knocked out my television. I saved for that Television and it was just a 32 inch Samsung it also got my dvd player. Insurance is a 1000 dollar deductible and most are that in the area. Will be a while until i can afford another..

Thunderstorm yesterday and lightning struck the big oak across the street and knocked out my television. I saved for that Television and it was just a 32 inch Samsung it also got my dvd player. Insurance is a 1000 dollar deductible and most are that in the area. Will be a while until i can afford another..

Wow Carl, Sure sorry to hear that............. 

No surge protector? That's saved my stuff a couple of times. Cheap insurance.

Keep an eye on the sales; with back-to-college coming up, there will be some deals, and in many cases, six months same-as-cash financing.

Charlie Larkin

No surge protector? That's saved my stuff a couple of times. Cheap insurance.

Keep an eye on the sales; with back-to-college coming up, there will be some deals, and in many cases, six months same-as-cash financing.

Charlie Larkin

surge protectors must be very expensive if you have to finance one for six months ?

Used 32" TVs go pretty cheap around here, seems everybody wants the huge TVs nowadays

One of my neighbors put a 32" Proscan out by the curb with a "FREE" sign on it a few months back so I grabbed it for a spare (32" is the largest TV that will fit in my entertainment center)

I think I had the cops called in me today.

I went to do my evaluation.on the yard, which looked good, and saw some issues with the bushes, so I left them a note as well as 3 curled up leaves from one of their bushes  that looked to have been sucked almost dry from aphids.  I leave the note hanging on the door, walk back to the 200, and next thing I know, a Lombard Explorer Interceptor rolls up to the same house!

I wad going to visit the neighbor, but that suddenly looked to be a very bad idea.

So my son who lives in Spain is visiting. It is time to take him to the airport for his trip home. My wife somehow got the departure time as 7:15 when it was 6:20. No problem we planned to arrive at the airport almost 2 hours early. We get to the Iberia Airlines counter at 5:30. No one there. We go to other airline counters they all say the Iberia staff has gone to the gate. The information guy is completely useless. Turns out that the entire counter crew shut down the counter 1 hour before flight time and left. No one said they could call the gate. We ended up having to pay $120.00 to reschedule his ticket. 

It will not be pretty when we take my son back to the Iberia ticket counter today.

At least I got to spend another day with my son.

I stopped at my local Hobby Lobby yesterday to check out their "model stock: and saw that they had the Christmas trees already on display. Wow in July???

Trees are a bit much, but in many cases, it makes sense for HL, Micheals, Jo-Ann, and other craft stores to have their Christmas stuff out already, it gives the people making Christmas themed crafts for gifts or sales the time to collect the supplies and start making the stuff before the season is upon us.

So my son who lives in Spain is visiting. It is time to take him to the airport for his trip home. My wife somehow got the departure time as 7:15 when it was 6:20. No problem we planned to arrive at the airport almost 2 hours early. We get to the Iberia Airlines counter at 5:30. No one there. We go to other airline counters they all say the Iberia staff has gone to the gate. The information guy is completely useless. Turns out that the entire counter crew shut down the counter 1 hour before flight time and left. No one said they could call the gate. We ended up having to pay $120.00 to reschedule his ticket. 

It will not be pretty when we take my son back to the Iberia ticket counter today.

At least I got to spend another day with my son.

Airport hassles and incompetence at the desk.  Traveling is challenging nowadays.

Please report the outcome.