Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

An assortment from today. Saw a bunch of good stuff, but couldn't get pics of everything due to traffic.

Clean Peterbilt, Mustang in traffic, '70 Pontiac convertible sitting behind a house, Rolls Royce in the low rent district.

_DSC6156.JPG

_DSC6158.JPG

_DSC6212.JPG

_DSC6218.JPG

Corvette C8!! After only seeing this car in magazines and on the 'net for MONTHS, this past Saturday I stopped at our local grocery store and one parked almost right next to me just as I was getting out. It sounded good----not loud at all........a very nice rumble and not obnoxious.

I NEVER park near the store as I hate "crowding" in parking lots and I can bet this fellow felt the same way. VERY sharp car in person..........BRIGHT yellow with black stripes. Nice guy driving it as we talked for awhile, but WOW is that car VERY low. I'm not sure I could get in one with my creaky knees these days, but it was high time I saw one of these on the streets in my area.

Funny enough, later on when I got home, I'm sitting in my model room with the shades up. What passes by my house on the street?? A silver Corvette C8! Two in one day which is a record!  :P

1 hour ago, MrObsessive said:

Corvette C8!! After only seeing this car in magazines and on the 'net for MONTHS, this past Saturday I stopped at our local grocery store and one parked almost right next to me just as I was getting out. It sounded good----not loud at all........a very nice rumble and not obnoxious.

I NEVER park near the store as I hate "crowding" in parking lots and I can bet this fellow felt the same way. VERY sharp car in person..........BRIGHT yellow with black stripes. Nice guy driving it as we talked for awhile, but WOW is that car VERY low. I'm not sure I could get in one with my creaky knees these days, but it was high time I saw one of these on the streets in my area.

Funny enough, later on when I got home, I'm sitting in my model room with the shades up. What passes by my house on the street?? A silver Corvette C8! Two in one day which is a record!  :P

Bill, I suspect you could get in the car. It’s the getting out that would be the challenge! 😆

11 hours ago, RSchnell said:

An assortment from today. Saw a bunch of good stuff, but couldn't get pics of everything due to traffic.

Clean Peterbilt, Mustang in traffic, '70 Pontiac convertible sitting behind a house, Rolls Royce in the low rent district.

_DSC6156.JPG

_DSC6158.JPG

_DSC6212.JPG

_DSC6218.JPG

I'll take the Saab 900 at the back any day.

steve

Edited by Earl Marischal

On 7/11/2021 at 4:03 PM, The Junkman said:

Is there something wrong with the roof paint or is it reflecting something that's not in frame?

Yeah, the roof paint is heavily faded and there are patches of what appeared to be mild surface rust or perhaps it’s the primer, but it is all beautifully buffed out with a very glossy sheen.

On 7/11/2021 at 1:17 PM, slusher said:

Man that’s a sharp car..

Yes it is... From time to time on this corner there will be some really cool car parked for display. The owner of the property is an avid Mopar collector and has quite a few. Most are fully restored, but some look so good in their faded original skin, dings and all, that he leaves them that way and just has them buffed. He’s got good taste.

I saw a Blue with white Studebaker  Pick up with matching pull behind camper. I love that the car shows are starting up again.

The Black hills hosts a lot of car clubs this time of year. A couple years back it was Smokey and the Bandit. Trans Am's, Snowman's Rig and quite a few Jackie Gleason and Junior look alikes.  

A 1979 Lincoln Mark 5 in mint condition. My Buddy bought it from the original owner with only 114,000 kms on it. He took me for a short ride in it…floats like an airplane. I told him those two doors weighed as much as my MX-5.😳

10 hours ago, Venom said:

Yeah, the roof paint is heavily faded and there are patches of what appeared to be mild surface rust or perhaps it’s the primer, but it is all beautifully buffed out with a very glossy sheen.

I believe it's called "patina".