Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

One of the local radio stations these little space filler between songs before giving the station call letters......

I was invited give the best man speech at a friends second wedding.....is it wrong to start it off "Welcome back everyone!"?

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, HomerS said:

One of the local radio stations these little space filler between songs before giving the station call letters......

I was invited give the best man speech at a friends second wedding.....is it wrong to start it off "Welcome back everyone!"?

Only if it's a lead in to a Boston Lager commercial and you toast an x or two in the reception.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HomerS said:

So you did it again. Did you invite your lawyers?

14 hours ago, HomerS said:

Back in the day one New York station had a blurb between songs.

”This is Frankie from Brooklyn. Can you play Stairwell To Heaven?”

15 hours ago, slusher said:

So you did it again. Did you invite your lawyers?

I have an uncle that has been divorced six times.  After #4, we stopped learning names.  I asked him if he kept a divorce attorney on retainer....

I lack the filter between the brain and the mouth so there was far worse comments but if I share I will get banned here

My daughter and grandson flew in yesterday. Grandson is about 18 mo. old and I had not seem him since he was about two months old. Thanks a lot Covid ! Anyway, as good grandparents we has several toys for him to play with. He had 6 different cars and trucks lined of in one room. One of those was a white Cobra with blue stripes. Which toy did he first go for ?  The Cobra !  That's my Grandson !  He did end up playing with all of them.  That's ok .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cobraman said:

My daughter and grandson flew in yesterday. Grandson is about 18 mo. old and I had not seem him since he was about two months old. Thanks a lot Covid ! Anyway, as good grandparents we has several toys for him to play with. He had 6 different cars and trucks lined of in one room. One of those was a white Cobra with blue stripes. Which toy did he first go for ?  The Cobra !  That's my Grandson !  He did end up playing with all of them.  That's ok .

I sometimes come across cool hot wheels. My grandson thinks they're cool too. I'd love him regardless, but it's so nice that we understand each other. 

Finished power washing the house!  Being on a wooded lot, we get the green moss growth on the vinyl siding.

Took me 5 days at about 4 hrs a day to do the front walk, driveway, deck and siding on a 4,000 sq ft house. Near three stories tall in the back, up and down a tall ladder.

Neighbor said a local company gets $500 for this so figure I earned $100 a day / $25 an hour… 

Edited by Tom Geiger

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

My daughter and grandson came in town for my 70 th birthday. Gave me a great gift. Two tickets for the Barrett Jackson auction in Scottsdale in January 2022 !

Happy Birthday and make sure you take pics when you go to the auction!  I've always wanted to hit up the January Auction Scene in Scottsdale. B-J, Russo & Steele, the whole works.

I got a call today from a 1/800 number that I mistakenly answered.  The lady went through her perky intro, including that it was a call from AT&T and asked how I was doing.  I said the Valtrax wasn't working today and 'the boys' are burning today.  When I was almost finished, she said 'great' and went into her story at that point I was laughing too hard to carry on and hung up as I now knew it was a pre-recorded message.

Edited by HomerS

I've been trying to buy a particular item online for about two months or more now. Back in May, my preferred vendor--let's call them Vendor A--showed an in-stock date of 6/3; three other vendors just showed them out of stock, no date even hinted at. As 6/3 approached, Vendor A's restock date changed to 7/6. Two days ago, two other vendors suddenly showed a variant of the item I want--functionally and practically identical, and in fact made by the same manufacturer just with different details I don't like quite as much as the exact one I want, and at a slightly higher price. I decided if Vendor A didn't have my item in stock on 7/6 (next Tuesday), I'd go ahead and order the similar item from one of the others. Yesterday Vendor A revised the in-stock date to 8/17. That decided it! I woke up this morning vowing to buy the variant from either Vendor B or Vendor C, depending on which one had the best price including shipping.  

This morning I got an email from Vendor A. They're having a 4th of July sale (10% off) and even throwing in FREE shipping. Just to say I did, I checked their website again, and wonder of wonders, the item I really wanted showed as in stock! :blink::D I grabbed my credit card and submitted my order on the spot! 

We'll see what happens and I'm knocking on wood, but at the moment I'm feeling like this qualifies as something that "Pleased Me Today." B):D

37 minutes ago, crazyjim said:

I was able to get the grass cut and potential projectiles put away before Elsa gets here tomorrow or Wednesday.  Hauled the generator into the garage too!  We're as ready as can be.

Well good luck weathering the storm Jim.  We moved up to Tennessee from the Gulf south after Katrina....definately don't miss hurricanes.

39 minutes ago, Danno said:

The Beach Boys channel is back at Sirius XM!!!!  Rah, rah, rah!!

It's about time! Good Vibrations all the time.

What's the number ? I haven't heard any really good Surf Guitars in a long time. Makes you want to bleach your hair and grab your baggies.  

59 minutes ago, Danno said:

The Beach Boys channel is back at Sirius XM!!!!  Rah, rah, rah!!

The Beach Boys were on the July 4th show last night and I hate to say they’ve really lost it.   The lead singer lost his singing voice, it was sad.

I would have much rather listened to the old recordings!

47 minutes ago, espo said:

What's the number ? I haven't heard any really good Surf Guitars in a long time. Makes you want to bleach your hair and grab your baggies.  

Channel 105.  Hopefully it will stick around awhile. It's awesome! 

Last time Sirius did a BB Channel they only rotated about a dozen songs . . . over and over . . . 

This time, it's a much, much better mix and far more comprehensive!  They've even played a couple of the collaborations of the Beach Boys and the Boston Philharmonic!  Plus a lot of less commercial stuff.  Definitely not just Top 40 Juke Box music.

Gotta go . . .  Surf's Up!!!!

I don't even worry about a hurricane until it's a strong Cat 3. Being a native Floridian, I've been through a bunch of them! Some of the neighbors & I are getting together tomorrow night for a "tropical storm beer & oyster shindig"