Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Day after our 51st anniversary (today) we had a planned get together at our sons.

Just thought it was a normal get together but turned sort of an anniversary celebration but it had a twist!

One of our grandsons came up. He just recently left the military came up to visit his dad (our oldest son) along with his wife to be.

They came out to the get together and when we opened their card inside was a sonogram of our soon to be 1st great grand baby!

Edited by OldTrucker

5 minutes ago, OldTrucker said:

Day after our 31st anniversary (today) we had a planned get together at our sons.

Just thought it was a normal get together but turned sort of an anniversary celebration but it had a twist!

One of our grandsons came up. He just recently left the military came up to visit his dad (our oldest son) along with his wife to be.

They came out to the get together and when we opened their card inside was a sonogram of our soon to be 1st great grand baby!

Congratz! My 1st grandchild was just born this morning. :)

A beautiful little girl. Peyton Carter Newcomer 6.5lbs and 18"

1 hour ago, OldTrucker said:

Day after our 31st anniversary (today) we had a planned get together at our sons.

That’s special, Congratulations 

i have been working from home since covid started, and i only went into the office for 4 days total.  everyday, my cat comes into the room where i work and sleeps all day. i even made a bed for him in the room. yesterday i needed to go into the office for the day, and when i got home it was like my cat had not seen me in 10 years. he climbed onto my belly and would not leave. 

he sat with me until i went to bed. we lock the cats out at night because they cant act right. this morning when i got up, he was right back with me. 

he normally sits with me, but this is different. he was extra needy

Edited by MrMiles
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MrMiles said:

i have been working from home since covid started, and i only went into the office for 4 days total.  everyday, my cat comes into the room where i work and sleeps all day. i even made a bed for him in the room. yesterday i needed to go into the office for the day, and when i got home it was like my cat had not seen me in 10 years. he climbed onto my belly and would not leave. 

he sat with me until i went to bed. we lock the cats out at night because they cant act right. this morning when i got up, he was right back with me. 

he normally sits with me, but this is different. he was extra needy

My son's cats get that way if they are gone for just a long weekend!

I am pleased today I got up this morning. Today is my 7 year anniversary of my heart attack. About this time I started experiencing serve breathing problems. I ended up in the hospital.  I will never forget when the ER doctor came out and told my sister and I that they hadn't expected me to make it. I've always appreciated life but i now appreciate it even more. In the same time my sister and husband had a friend die from a heart attack and another suffer from a debilitating stroke. Truly makes one pause and reflect and count ones blessings.

A good day to work on some modeling projects and  enjoy life.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

I am pleased today I got up this morning. Today is my 7 year anniversary of my heart attack. About this time I started experiencing serve breathing problems. I ended up in the hospital.  I will never forget when the ER doctor came out and told my sister and I that they hadn't expected me to make it. I've always appreciated life but i now appreciate it even more. In the same time my sister and husband had a friend die from a heart attack and another suffer from a debilitating stroke. Truly makes one pause and reflect and count ones blessings.

A good day to work on some modeling projects and  enjoy life.

Glad your still with us Bob. The right frame of mind like you have is very healthy..

Food truck rally at a local park

Lunch      Empanada for lunch and a salted caramel bourbon pretzel for dessert  (food coma hit hard about an hour later)

Dinner      My teenager and I are splitting a Bahn Mi sandwich and a Bulgogi bowl

14 minutes ago, HomerS said:

Food truck rally at a local park

Lunch      Empanada for lunch and a salted caramel bourbon pretzel for dessert  (food coma hit hard about an hour later)

Dinner      My teenager and I are splitting a Bahn Mi sandwich and a Bulgogi bowl

Around the world without leaving Ohio!

Dad finished the left front corner on the 200 is done and once I was off work, we got the front brakes bled then took it out for a couple hours. Once the brakes started to wear in, it stopped much better, though we had to be careful as it stops a lot quicker and nearly choked Dad with the seatbelt by accident at one point😳  It also cornered better though it road a touch stiffer, was much more willing to rotate than before and didn’t wallow during directional changes like it had prior to that too.  I think Dad is even more pleased with how it turned out than I am too!

56096003-8737-4D3E-86E4-B9F75284AE2A.jpe
A0F7161D-DA22-4983-AF2F-7A239B5ACEFC.jpe

Edited by Joe Handley

6 hours ago, HomerS said:

salted caramel bourbon pretzel for dessert 

Last week we took the grandkids to the Point Pleasant Boardwalk at the Jersey Shore. Everyone was getting ice cream but me and I noticed the next stand over had pretzels… I saw $1.99 so I thought I’d like one.  Then I discovered a pretzel was $8… the $1.99 was the toppings!   No thanks!

23 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

Dad finished the left front corner on the 200 is done and once I was off work, we got the front brakes bled then took it out for a couple hours. Once the brakes started to wear in, it stopped much better, though we had to be careful as it stops a lot quicker and nearly choked Dad with the seatbelt by accident at one point😳  It also cornered better though it road a touch stiffer, was much more willing to rotate than before and didn’t wallow during directional changes like it had prior to that too.  I think Dad is even more pleased with how it turned out than I am too!

56096003-8737-4D3E-86E4-B9F75284AE2A.jpe
A0F7161D-DA22-4983-AF2F-7A239B5ACEFC.jpe

I am glad you got it fixed Joe..

So there’s a new show on MotorTrend tv.Steve Magnante shows off his skills on building model cars.Called Super Models.Last nights episode consisted of him building a altered wheel base 67 straight axle Chevelle.I enjoy anything when it comes to watching Steve Magnante.Imo he’s a automobile genius.He just showed the basics,no painting.Looks like it’s going to be a really entertaining show.He also showed off his altered wheel base1:1 Ford Fairmont.Watch it,I’m just not sure what nights it’s on.

BEEE6F82-6774-48B7-8EEA-014E5376F4CF.jpeg

1F2A202A-FE43-4E62-86D3-377C87C0AAC3.jpeg

84DAF2E0-CBF6-4448-945A-0B405EE32797.jpeg

37BADA11-B019-43DC-B275-2821A9F3FD51.jpeg

9DEEA3B1-6933-4E52-A323-BFD1562394D2.jpeg

7C205A94-5907-4F77-AEE5-C2FD955517E6.jpeg

Edited by NYLIBUD