Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

I got to spend yesterday at the "Hot Rod Reunion" at Famoso Drag Strip. Spent all day with one of my oldest friends, doing one of the things I like best. 

Got to see some great races, smell Nitromethane and burning rubber, and forget all the sad things happening in the world for a few precious hours. Turnout for Race Cars was fantastic. The Car Show in the Grove was just okay. About 75% full compared to 2 years ago when I went to the last one. The Crowd is getting older and greyer, but there are some new young drivers, who are really worth watching. The Cacklefest was okay, but a bit less than usual. Great to see "Freight Train" Cackle, however!

Placed an order with Hobby Search in Japan at the beginning of August. Never ordered anything from them before but reviews were good. I expected a long wait time and sure enough the tracking showed it left Japan right away and then nothing until October 20th when it arrived at Customs in New Jersey. October 25th the mailman shows up at my door with the package and wants a signature. Amazing service from Customs and USPS.

Goddaughter stopped by Halloween night just to say "hi".  I had to tease her to ask if the Jeep she was driving was her idea or her dad's (he used to have one).  Turns out it was he aunt's who needed a bigger vehicle but the young lady is driving a stick shift!!  Well done young lady!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, youpey said:

I got my covid booster shot yesterday. when I went to bed it felt like my arm was goiing to fall off

I woke up relieved to see it was still attached 

It didn't take long to go from sore arm to feeling as sick as i ever have

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I hope you get over it, and aren't one of the severe reactions we hear about. Good luck, friend. 

I woke up feeling much better today. i still have a nasty headache but at least im not feeling like I have a bad flu anymore. i woke up around 2am dreanched in sweat, so i suspect I had a fever that broke

58 minutes ago, TonyK said:

As unpleasant as your experience was, I always figure it's a sure thing your body reacted to the vaccine and fought it and won. I've had a similar reaction to the flu shot in the past.

after my 2nd dose in march i felt like i had a medium sized cold for about 3 days. this time was way different. i was barely able to walk to bed from the living room. this was actually the first time i considered going to a hospital over an illness. and i had a flu years ago with a 103 fever. this was worse

13 hours ago, TonyK said:

As unpleasant as your experience was, I always figure it's a sure thing your body reacted to the vaccine and fought it and won. I've had a similar reaction to the flu shot in the past.

I had mine last week and felt like I had the flu. My doctor said you should have some discomfort as it tricks your body into making antibodies….

So My body shop/painter friend,finally found the time to allo5w me to bring my 2009 Ford Crown Vic P71 police car in for a full paint job…He said it would take about a week from start finish..Lots of little amounts of body work,then painted fully back to black.My Marauder wanna be,lol..Hopefully he’ll do a good job,then i’m storing it for the NY winter.

EAA1AF6B-0E6E-4860-92DE-4D0B7CCC51C0.jpeg

5DEA5E92-1E47-44DF-90AB-6013EF3AC952.jpeg

642985DA-76CB-4854-9742-F7D19A994061.jpeg

7284ECE2-69FF-4C09-B240-217F9D17B580.jpeg

78BF8007-FDA1-451E-9931-75629F3D6079.jpeg

Edited by NYLIBUD
  • Like 1