Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

5 minutes ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Picked up the leaves at my house before the snow started. 

My backyard is wooded so I have to keep up with the leaves. Spent 4 hours last Sunday just blowing the backyard leaves into the woods.  

I looked out on Thanksgiving morning and it looked like I had never touched it. Completely covered again!  It was very windy all day Friday. Got up this morning and yard was clear. Wind blew it all away!

8 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

My backyard is wooded so I have to keep up with the leaves. Spent 4 hours last Sunday just blowing the backyard leaves into the woods.  

I looked out on Thanksgiving morning and it looked like I had never touched it. Completely covered again!  It was very windy all day Friday. Got up this morning and yard was clear. Wind blew it all away!

It has been a good year for leaves here. 50% blew away before I even started. So far I am at 40, 55 gallon bags full of mulched leaves. This is between the 3 yards, Mine and the 2 next to me. Tony next door burnt over half of his before I got the rider out with the bagger.  Tom helped with his wife with the transferring the leaves to the bags. I take them to my mulch pile or dump them at my Step moms field.  They don't blow back from there, it is 10 miles away.  Tried the burning thing for 3 years, and it just takes all day to do half my yard. 

Leaves are now a thing of the past. We just moved to a new maintains provided neighborhood on a golf course. We used to have half an acre with many trees, and while I loved the trees cleaning up after them every fall was becoming a pain. Now with the wind removing a large majority of the leaves the ground crews take care of the rest.  

I'm mechanically challenged, have done limited stuff on my vehicles.  Took only a week to replace the carb on my '68 Chevy pickup. 😅  The Quadrajet started acting up (lucky it was after my camping trip), read some on the truck forum, sure didn't want to attempt rebuilding it.  Got a Holly copy (nowhere does it say where it's made, let me guess), so had to get an adapter to begin with, instructions weren't clear, but figured it out.  Today got the fuel line, vacuum line, and most important the throttle link attached.  Needed to use the tap & die set to modify the linkage with a Heim joint (guess where it's made) for the lever thingie.  And also shorten the air cleaner bolt, with new threads.  Started up first try, but need to sort out a few things before driving, need help from my neighbor.  Building a model is one thing, nothing has to really work or last, doing real mechanical stuff is always a challenge for me.

I made some Steampunk-themed jewelry this morning. 3 pairs of earrings and a bracelet. It's going to be a Christmas gift for my Momma (her and I both like the Steampunk culture). First time I ever attempted any kind of jewelry making. Turns out, I find it kinda fun.

20211210_092150.thumb.jpg.fa375922306d3a5d36c998be0fcb4a1f.jpg20211210_092153.thumb.jpg.2caeeeec4e14c308cef5806f553d8390.jpg

• Like 1

This past Friday was my wife and my 15 year wedding anniversary. I got her this fancy perfume she likes and a huge flower arrangement/vase and she got me a new xbox s.  we went out for an early dinner since we are trying not to be out much because of covid. it was still pretty busy though

the xbox is really fun. I havent played video games in several years because by the time i got home from work and got settled she got home shortly after and would want to watch tv. however, now we setup a small second tv in the room that i can play with if she wants to watch tv. i dont really use sound since my hearing is bad anyway and i put on closed captions.   she likes it because now she can watch all the horrible shows without me grumbling

one thing cool about the xbox is they have something for 15 dollars a month called game pass. you can play hundreds of games without having to buy them. i am the type of person that will play a game straight for a week and then never again. now i dont need to buy them. i just need to make sure to cancel it during the periods that i am not going to use it. i am playing a game called forza horizon 5. my primary cars to race are the renault 5 turbo, 68 mustang fastback, and the 56 ford f100.

im having a blast with it.

• Like 1

While working on something largely unrelated, I had a flash of insight as to how to solve a thorny electronic interface problem on the DeLorean-from-hell project.

Not only will this little gizmo get that job out of my hair finally, but it'll have potential applications for lotsa stuff down the road...from cars to model-train controllers.

I'm unusually happy.   :D

6 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

While working on something largely unrelated, I had a flash of insight as to how to solve a thorny electronic interface problem on the DeLorean-from-hell project.

Not only will this little gizmo get that job out of my hair finally, but it'll have potential applications for lotsa stuff down the road...from cars to model-train controllers.

I'm unusually happy.   :D

Did you fall in the bathroom and bang your head and invent the flux capacitor?

;)