Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Baldwin-Motion 427 Corvette

Kenny B

A friend said he had a model that his son had started and lost interest in building. He said that it was in bad shape but I could probally use it as a parts car. Well the engine was in bad shape so much that the block was glued on upside down and the heads were on backwards. He never put the lid on the glue properly and it was every where. He was right it was a parts car for sure. Well several years later I was painting a Nascar Jimmy Johnson 48 and had some paint left over. I looked over the Corvette and sanded the body down did a bit of body work and painted it. It was never intended to show it was just a glue bomb parts car. Sometimes I wonder why I waste my time on glue bombs but it ends up being a challenge. It's not perfect and it will never go to a model show. But she looks not to bad. I added some

plug wires and BMF to it. Enjoy.

DSCN3883_zpsypom5nlb.jpg

DSCN3873_zpsyru7owp1.jpg

DSCN3846_zps2cxqcnbv.jpg

DSCN3903_zpsk2c9bflj.jpg

DSCN3902_zps9jf5qdtq.jpg

DSCN3892_zps6papoyvs.jpg

DSCN3866_zpssjvc1dem.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Kenny B B)

These guys are right Ken. Hit those wheels a little bit with some paint and you'll set this puppy off!! Those chrome pipes would benefit from a light coat of Tamiya smoke to tint them a bit to get rid of the toy chrome look. Good lookin' model bud. You did her proud.

Wow,

Thanks to everyone. The comments are incredible. I didn't think that she would be that much of a hit.You all have me convinced now to paint the rims and side pipes. When I get around to it I will repost her again. Thanks again very much for the wonderful comments.

Ken. B)