Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revells next release from the Model A Roadster tool - a 30/31 Coupe

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Pardon my changing the subject, but why is the redhead wearing diapers?

Supposed to be the 60s version of women's shorts. The viewing angle makes them look puffier than they were in reality.

Edited by ZTony8

I think they are supposed to be the "Short Shorts" from the Hit Song of the period. Bad Painting though.

IMHO, It is actually pretty poor, especially for a Big 3 kit release. Revell's cover art paintings have been poor to truly awful for the last decade or so. 

Picked up mine at the LHS yesterday (same day as the Mooneyes? What are the odds?)

Sure, i have several of the first issue roadster, and one of the first issue coupe with the shrink wrap still intact on my shelf. But i want to support Revell for brining this back to market. I had two on hold, but left one there for someone else. I will buy more when i have to opportunity. It's a gold mine of a parts kit.

Someone needs to sit down and do a side-by-side comparison with the first issue to see if there truly are an differences in the actual tooling itself (other than the obvious swap of the engines)

I received a sealed kit from an eBay vendor today. This kit has the chrome engine parts tree for the Chevrolet engine!

It seems the only replacement request is thru Revell in Germany. I filled out the request, and got a note indicating no replacement parts were being shipped to the USA due to COVID restrictions. However, I received an almost immediate email response confirming the request, but remarking that it could take "some time" to fill it.

Has anyone else experienced the incorrect engine chrome tree in their kits?

Has anyone requested replacement parts from Revell recently?

IMG_0646.jpg

Edited by GarryR
added photo

15 hours ago, GarryR said:

I received a sealed kit from an eBay vendor today. This kit has the chrome engine parts tree for the Chevrolet engine!

It seems the only replacement request is thru Revell in Germany. I filled out the request, and got a note indicating no replacement parts were being shipped to the USA due to COVID restrictions. However, I received an almost immediate email response confirming the request, but remarking that it could take "some time" to fill it.

Has anyone else experienced the incorrect engine chrome tree in their kits?

Has anyone requested replacement parts from Revell recently?

IMG_0646.jpg

Mine has the appropriate nailhead chrome sprue. 
I recently ordered parts from Revell (this summer) and I used the email contact on the instructions. They said it could take 6-8 weeks, but I had my part in less than three.