Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gremlin Street Freak / Gasser - Done!! 8/31

Impalow

Thanks guys!  Im very happy with it... just need to do the green now without boogering it up.

That's just jaw dropping, punch you in the head, knock down gorgeous. I admire the daylights out of anyone that can pull that off.

I assume you had to peel off each piece, then transfer it to the model? That's flat out nutz. In a good way.

Its actually way easier than that.. i used low tack premask/transfer tape, that kept all the spacing correct...so, i just had to apply the enitre sheet to the side, then peel off the transfer tape, leaving just the vinyl masking.  

Its actually way easier than that.. i used low tack premask/transfer tape, that kept all the spacing correct...so, i just had to apply the enitre sheet to the side, then peel off the transfer tape, leaving just the vinyl masking.  

Smack me upside the headbone. I should have realized there would be a transfer sheet.

Thank you guys!!!!    Minor change of plans... I think I'm going to take it this route now...

Kidding!  Masking is done ready for some green paint when I get off work today!   I just couldn't resist a photo op, it looks like the pro-touring love child of C3P0 and the first Apple computer... haha...

Thanks Joe and Carl!  Ken I'm super excited to get this all together too. .. I somehow completely forgot about the driveshaft, so i built and painted one last night.  I have always wanted to do a candy striped driveshaft, and this seemed like the perfect vehicle to do it.   After that was done I wrapped up the final chassis assembly.  (side note:  Photo-etched bolt heads and washers are pretty amazing.)   

This bad boy is pretty much done except BMF, a few coats of clear and some windows.