Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gimme 5 automotive subjects you'd like to see reissued

Don't worry if the tooling is incomplete or not there anymore, because in this day and age it isn't realy an issue.

Luc

Well, yes, it kind of is an issue.

I'd love to see, for example, the '66 Skylark and '65 Malibu restored to their original 3-in1 boxings--or even Craftsman/promo-type issues--but it's just not going to happen. It would be little more difficult to tool up all-new kits.

I think the vast majority of what CAN be reissued, HAS been reissued in the last 20 years or so, in some form or another. And IMHO we're lucky to have that.

Still, the Piranha and the Manx (and the upcoming TeeVee) were pleasant surprises after all these years. Maybe there are a few more rabbits left in the hat.

Edited by Snake45

Would like to see:

Any Model "A" coupe (28 to 31)

'39 or '40 Ford Tudor......a fresh, new molding would be nice from Revell

'58 to '63 Ford pickup

'55 Chevy 210 post sedan

'37 Dodge humpback panel truck

I have to ask: did you even read the premise for the thread?

:rolleyes:

jb

Any of the 70's era Pro Stock kits, especially the Landy 71 Challenger.

Any of the 70's era Petty Mopar Nascar kits.

77/78 Volare/Roadrunner

Mission Impossible Coronet convertible/roadster

Matilda Ford Van

I have a Matilda Ford van Wayne. If you're interested in it, send me a PM.

1971 Pinto Sedan "Wonder Pony"

Watson Indy Roadster

Indy Lotus the dual edition with choice of pushrod or DOHC engines.

1959 Pontiac Bonneville

MPC Super Stock '70 Chevelle (or Jegs Camaro)the short track dirt track race cars.

Edited by horsepower

I'll show some of the 90's tooling some love -

66 Olds 4-4-2 Convertible.

66 Fairlane

66 Riviera

And might as well keep the 66 theme running with some vintage kits, I've been on a bit of a mid-60's buying spree lately...

66 Thunderbird

66 Mercury Cyclone (would need to be restored from the 67)

See, this is a tough question. Reading others lists, I could extend mine. But, I don't wish to bore you. This is fun seeing what other people remember that companies now under Round-2s umbrella use to make. I just hope someone from Round2 is reading this.

I love these lists, by the way. Some people question why we do them. And comment that they've been done before. But, I find them fun.

Scott

Looking over this list , Round 2 it would be HARD PRESSED to re issue lots of the kits I have seen .

Astro I, Funny car

1963 Nova wagon - Funny car

1961-2 Buck Special - ROUMORED to have been the basis to make the Nova wagon out of

Tognotti T ' .................

Xr-7 ............................

1966 Buick Skylark Funny car

MPC 1933 Chevrolet Delivery Barnabas van

Hey, How about the Original 1962-4 Chevrolet Apache truck , It was indeed accurate !

!960Ford F-100

1959 Mercury

1960 Buick

1961-2 Corvair

I WISH they'd made it into a funny car. They made it into a dirt tracker. Screwed up the chassis and interior to do it, too. I don't think there's any coming back from that.

I remember there was Talk of POSSIBLY reverse engineering the 63 F-100

but that Was a few years ago. Nothing new for some tine on it.

What happened?? Not enough interest/Pre-orders??

Even if the Shortbox Stepside parts tooling is Still good, I Doubt we will see that kit re-issued

I read here (And included in my first post) that it was Modified into the Recen re-issue

Cheyenne Longbox Fleetside from 95+

I know of 4 Box art issues and yet it is STILL a High Dollar Demand kit!!!!

Even with the Poor Chevy grill/Front Bumper!!

I Hope I am Wrong here, but........................

The 1/32 Porsche 917 was an Airfix kit sold here by MPC

I built 2 myself. As well as the VW Beetle & Capri

If Re-issued, they will come from Airfix Not Round2

Did they modify the Buick Special Wagon into the Nova/Chevy2 Wagon??

If so we can Never get Either back!

The Nova became the "Boss-Nova" Mid Engine Funny car. Right??

What Mustang did AMT or MPC, Or? do in 1/32??

I know of 3 (I have versions of All) by Aurora, 65 2+2 fastback (Re-issued once by Monogram)

Revell 67/68 also a 2+2, and Monogram 70 Mach-1

AMT's 1/32 T-Bird was a 60 Not 50.

The First 'Birds were 55's!!!

a 66 Comet would Not be re-stored from the Modern tool 67, but a Modified re-issue.

Just like It is a Modified re-issue of the 66 Fairlane GT/GTA

I Too would Love to see Any and ALL of the Craftsman/Jr-Trophy seres kits re-issued that can be

I think I read here that the 64 Comet Caliente was a Poor seller when first offered

But Look at the secondary sales market

It is A HIGH Dollar kit now too!!!

Can that one be re-issued please??

I Would Love to know what happened to the 60 El Camino tooling too.

It was available in 60 & 61, but after that what happened to it????

The 68/69? Jeepster/Commado was modified though the 72 Annual

I Might be possible to re-issue it as the 72 (Not sure about the annual optional parts though)

but would likely take a re-tool/New tooling to offer an earlier version

I Would Love to see the Wagon/Sedan (LONG) roof returned to the kit along

with the Snow plow, and Stock rims, hubcaps & tires (Police/Emergency vehicle) lights

and siren parts too

Edited by Edsel-Dan

Looking over this list , Round 2 it would be HARD PRESSED to re issue lots of the kits I have seen .

Astro I, Funny car

1963 Nova wagon - Funny car

1961-2 Buck Special - ROUMORED to have been the basis to make the Nova wagon out of

Tognotti T ' .................

Xr-7 ............................

MPC 1933 Chevrolet Delivery Barnabas van

Hey, How about the Original 1962-4 Chevrolet Apache truck , It was indeed accurate !

!960Ford F-100

1959 Mercury

1960 Buick

1961-2 Corvair

We know the problems. That's not the point of this list.

Scott

Okay, I’ll try to play.

Suppose the Sonny & Cher Mustang molds still exist?

I’ve never figgered out what might have happened to the MPC ’66 Bonneville molds. Maybe they’re still around?

Ditto the original annual AMT ’67 Fairlane (which was converted from the ’66). The Comet ended up as an AWB funny car—what happened to the Fairlane?

The body on the ’66 Barracuda isn’t TOO far gone. If the interior and chassis molds still exist, might be possible to bring that back to stock. I think the same might be possible for the ’65 Nova and the ’65 Falcon, too.

I’d love to see all the original custom parts (including the half-top) restored to the ’66 Mustang HT, if possible. And might it be possible to jiggle the molds with the AWB fastback body to produce a stock fastback, and an AWB coupe?

Would love to see lots of the custom parts restored to the C2 Sting Ray, last seen as a ’63. I mean the optional hard top, the panel wagon top, the all-clear hard top, the cut-down windshield, the airfoil roll bar, even the slot car tonneau cover with driver figure. Maybe even the original 1963 revolving headlights!

If something approximating a ’69 GTO interior could be found, shouldn’t be too hard to do a ’69 GTO/Judge, at the very least as Craftsman/promo style.

Snake last I knew, the MPC '66 Bonneville lived on in the '80's reissue of Hasagawa's "1966" line which included a Chevy, T-Bird, and Cadillac IIRC. Of course you didn't get an engine or the correct dash, but they weren't bad kits nonetheless.

I have the Poncho, and it certainly looks like MPC's body to me of which I once had one of those too, but sold it on eBay years ago. The box says 1/24th, but I can remember comparing it to the MPC kit I had, and the bodies were identical!

More than just 5...pick any of them...

AMT/MPC 64,67,68,69 Bonneville and 70 HT

AMT 66 Buick Skylark GS

AMT/MPC 69-72 Grand Prix

AMT 60-63 Ford pickup with camper top

AMT 63 Nova wagon factory stock or race team set

AMT/MPC 69,71,72,73 Impala HTs

MPC 71 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler 3 in 1

AMT 70s Chevy camper van(mini motor home)

Monogram (Un-Real Roller),(Mean Maverick funny car large scale).

65,66 Chrysler 300,Dodge Manaco HT

Almost any late 50s through early 70s Johan kits...including their snap kits.

early to mid 70s Dodge vans...stock,custom,cargo,etc...go back to the good looking body style and sell them.

large scale 74-81 Trans Am,stock ford vans,Big Red Barron.

60s/70s camping trailer kits

65 Mercury Parklane

Tyrone Malones Super boss drag semi

Universal Dune buggy,service station jeep

late 60s Bronco,Chevy van,Dodge pickup.

60s/70s International Travelall

Ertl International and Massey Ferguson Farm tractor kits

just food for thought but they would sell.

Edited by disabled modeler

1. Roger that on the Wild Dream/Tognotti's T kit (my mom let me get that kit back in '63);

2. '61-'63 Continental Convertible (but with an up-top included);

3. '57 Craftsman T-Bird (open the hood, add the Revell Supercharged engine and dog-dish caps w/steelies for an F-Code);

4. '69 ('70?) 1/25 AMX, and;

5. yeah, the Watson Roadster/Indy Lotus combo (with correct tires).

I get two bonus picks because I copied two picks that were already made here:

1B. "The Wild Ones" with original box art (don't forget to include Hot Curl and the Stingray bicycle), and:

2B. I was going to add the Astro 1, but I see that it's already here, too, so how about the 289 Cobra WITH the Halibrands and original stock steering wheel included this time (add an up-top and correct Lemans-style hardtop if you're really serious about marketing cool kits).

PB.

Snake last I knew, the MPC '66 Bonneville lived on in the '80's reissue of Hasagawa's "1966" line ....

I don't think so. I think the Has kit might have been copied from the MPC, more or less, but I don't believe the bodies came from the same molds. The back end of the Has is wrong, for one thing, whereas the MPC was right.

Paul Boucher brought up another "holy grail" for me. The MPC Wild Ones with Hot Curl the surfer dude. I built the last reissue of the kit, and have no real interest in it, unless it included Hot Curl.

Someone also mentioned AMT's 1/32nd scale '32 Ford coupe. Where is that one Round-2?

Scott

• Xingu changed the title to Gimme 5 automotive subjects you'd like to see reissued