Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gimme 5 automotive subjects you'd like to see reissued

Never done. The closest was the Jeep pickup kit that we saw maybe 10-15 years ago. That would be a good reissue. RMR did a Wagoneer resin kit off this tool.

Thank you.

This body/styling is the one i really like.

38472720001_large.jpg

The mention of the '66 AMT Barracuda kit above, if the kit could come back, I'd hope it would still include the stock slant six. The models of the first generation Barracuda kits came the six and a Hemi as the two engine choices. So if you wanted to built the stock version of those kits, you built a six cylinder version.

I'm glad you guys clarified the Camaro SS front misinformation. Both the first and second generation Camaros were offered with both both SS and RS packages. Both packages were sold separately or could be ordered together. Has noted, the SS came with the standard front end, unless the RS package was ordered with it. I would love to see AMT's original second gen early Camaro reissued. Being that it was a non-RS and an SS. Were the recent 2nd gen kits are all Z-28 with the RS front end. By the way, you too could order your Z-28 back in the day with or without the RS package. This all changed with the '74 model year.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

I am fairly certain the 69 AMX kit in the AMT box shown earlier was Jo-Han's kit Sold by AMT!

They did a Few of them then.

Including the Javelin/AMX in Race only.

(Mark Donahue's to be exact, though Trams AM/IMSA or Nascar is Not labeled)

It was offered in almost Identical markings but for George Folmer's T/A team.

I had the Last Jo-Han re-issue of the kit (2n1 Stock & drag)

and the race parts were Identical between it and my 3 AMT/Coca-Cola Donahue kits!!!

AMT also sold the Jo-Han 70 Olds 442 & Toronado's in their own boxes

I have Both AMT & Jo-Han USA Oldies boxes of the Tornado!!

Testor's sold the 442 in their HSO series after Jo-Han;s run in the USA Oldies!!

I have 2 of those!!

It Is too bad about this though

I too would Love to see them back!!

I do Hope the rest of the kits brought Back out by Model-King get re-issued Soon!

After all, They have re-issued the 69 GTO Judge Funny car, 72 Blazer, & 78/9 Ford

F-250 Camper's Special/Firestone Super Stones pickup ,So Why not the others??

So if Chrysler wanted that tool destroyed, I'm betting that the body from the Craftsman Valiant kit that started as the 1963 and was modified all the way through 1965 as promo and Craftsman kit, was the 1966 Signet and that body got modified into the Fireball 500.

I have no doubt at all. In fact, I recently came to exactly the same conclusion on my own.

The mention of the '66 AMT Barracuda kit above, if the kit could come back, I'd hope it would still include the stock slant six. They early early gen Barracuda kits came the six and a Hemi as the two engine choices. So if you built the stock version of those kits, you built a six cylinder version.

Could be; note that the Fireball 500 (at least the latest issue) has a stray slant-6 intake manifold on one of its trees.

1; 71-76 Firebird Trans Am (especially the 75 & 76!)

2; Warlock Dodge pickup.

3; 71-73 Mustang road car

4; (Ford of Europe) "Mercury" Capri II Ghia.

5; Camaro T-top with slanted nose; or Bronco; or 76 Mustang; or any Kenworth/Peterbilt conventional.Or..........

An odd one I'd like to see reissued is the boat that came with the Model King release of the '70 Bonneville. Made the mistake of trading it to another MCCM member. The kit I got in return I liked (the Revell custom '49 Mercury), but I wish I had the boat.

Scott

Here are my 5 subjects

1. MPC 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T Hardtop

2. MPC 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T Feverbee

3. MPC 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T Hardtop

4. AMT 1964 Pontiac Grand Prix

5 MPC 76-80 Plymouth Volare Roadrunner

02d88c607ce3f820817945a254f70c82.jpg100_1453.jpg320799477405.jpg$_35.JPG Who's got these molds ?

As best my brain recalls, of the kits you've pictured only the Lola and the Chaparral have been reissued post-IMC. Both were done in a series of "Historical" kits by Union. They may still have the tooling or the tooling could be parked in someone's driveway. :(

• Xingu changed the title to Gimme 5 automotive subjects you'd like to see reissued