Model Cars Magazine Forum

I can see your thinking in saying Foose didn't build the truck, but every aspect of that build was designed by Chip. From the pancaked hood, sectioned cab, everything they did to that truck was Chip's design.

He didn't build the cars on OverHaulin' either, he helped with a lot of the tough stuff, but most of his work was in the design aspect of the build..............

In the grand scheme of life...

Who Cares?

What difference does it make in or to any ones life what name or "buzz word" Revell decides to stick on a model kit box. I feel bad for people who waste their time worrying about BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH like this.

I can see your thinking in saying Foose didn't build the truck, but every aspect of that build was designed by Chip. From the pancaked hood, sectioned cab, everything they did to that truck was Chip's design.

He didn't build the cars on OverHaulin' either, he helped with a lot of the tough stuff, but most of his work was in the design aspect of the build..............

Couldn't have been Boyd, he was dead by the time Foose's F100 was built. 

If you don't like it, then don't buy it, it's that simple. No need to rant on here about something so meaningless.

Chip's dad, Sam Foose led the build team for the updated truck.  Coddington was not involved at all. 

What bothers me about Revell is this statement regarding the Foose kits,  " 2 of the 7 candidates will become Revell model kits with all new tooling".

They will consider new tooling for a new Foose kit but are hesitant to tool a 57 Ranchero when they have the 57 Ford and wagon tooling to work off.

I will pass on any Foose kits but would buy a 57 Ranchero or multiples of.

Just came to the realization, that Revell is putting out the Foose F 100 ford? it's not a Foose, it was built by Boyd Coddington, aired on tv, for Foose's Birthday, or his dads, so I call BULLSHIT !!!!, and will post my complaint on Revells home page to, and I kno many of u will rush right out to buy it, like cattle, gotta have it because it says Foose on the box, so like the many fallow the heard, wont spend my money on it, will not support something like this, 

Oh I get it he owned the truck, so that makes it a Foose, right, ok, ok, I owned and painted many cars and trucks myself, guess I can call'em mine too, I just think it's bs, course I'm off my meds too, I just think its bs Revell sending it out as a Foose, heck the wheels look as if they came from a kit, already out there, wish I could remember which, its a pannel, kinda chopped, frog eyes for head lights, wierd wood grain sides, anyway, this should start a whirlwind of drama, not meaning too, just calling it like I see it....

Before you start spewing out BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH at least have an idea of what you are talking about. Foose designed it (just like all the other cars for Overhaulin') years before it was built. He never had the time to build it so it was built for him by his dad and some of the Overhaulin' crew. Boyd had nothing to do with it. You might also want to work on your spelling and use of the proper word as that will lend credibility to your opion....whoops, opinion which you are entitled to. However the way it is presented now doesn't do you any favors.

Just came to the realization, that Revell is putting out the Foose F 100 ford? it's not a Foose, it was built by Boyd Coddington, aired on tv, for Foose's Birthday, or his dads, so I call BULLSHIT !!!!, and will post my complaint on Revells home page to, and I kno many of u will rush right out to buy it, like cattle, gotta have it because it says Foose on the box, so like the many fallow the heard, wont spend my money on it, will not support something like this, 

Oh I get it he owned the truck, so that makes it a Foose, right, ok, ok, I owned and painted many cars and trucks myself, guess I can call'em mine too, I just think it's bs, course I'm off my meds too, I just think its bs Revell sending it out as a Foose, heck the wheels look as if they came from a kit, already out there, wish I could remember which, its a pannel, kinda chopped, frog eyes for head lights, wierd wood grain sides, anyway, this should start a whirlwind of drama, not meaning too, just calling it like I see it....

Before you start spewing out BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH at least have an idea of what you are talking about. Foose designed it (just like all the other cars for Overhaulin') years before it was built. He never had the time to build it so it was built for him by his dad and some of the Overhaulin' crew. Boyd had nothing to do with it. You might also want to work on your spelling and use of the proper word as that will lend credibility to your opion....whoops, opinion which you are entitled to. However the way it is presented now doesn't do you any favors.

???

Edited by XJ6
Never mind

What bothers me about Revell is this statement regarding the Foose kits,  " 2 of the 7 candidates will become Revell model kits with all new tooling".

They will consider new tooling for a new Foose kit but are hesitant to tool a 57 Ranchero when they have the 57 Ford and wagon tooling to work off.

I will pass on any Foose kits but would buy a 57 Ranchero or multiples of.

Don't be quick to judge Revell on the Ranchero, they could still pull it off. As you pointed out, they have most of the tooling done for a Ranchero so it is possible!

You go Gothicz.  Its good to be passionate about something.

I personally have no skin in the game as I don't build those type of subject matter (yet).

But I can appreciate this topic as well as the back and forth.  I learned a few things.

PS Your site is really cool looking, I like it!

Edited by aurfalien

Chip's dad, Sam Foose led the build team for the updated truck.  Coddington was not involved at all. 

True - and also true that the drawing was an original Foose design that he did for himself many years before the truck was built.

gotta have the kit because it's a cool truck! - everything that I don't like about '56 Ford pickups and a lot of things that I didn't know about have been fixed on Chip Foose's truck.

Edited by Muncie

Some of Boyd's ex employees were involved in the Foose F100 build, for example Charlie Hutton who painted the truck (who at the time had left Boyd and were employed by Foose), and for the record, Chip Foose himself were employed by Boyd at one time...but that is not that important.
I'm more interested to see how Revell are going to do this model, are they going to tool up a completely new 56 Ford F100 or are they going to take a shortcut and just do some new parts and modify the old 56 F100 they allready have.
If they take the shortcut I'll pass, I allready have a few of the old F100's and they changed so much on the real truck so it would not be a correct Foose truck, but if they tool up a new truck I'll get one...the question is if Revell will spend the money to do that as the Foose truck is a one off truck and the tooling can't easily be used for anything else without doing severe modifications as the body is far off a stock body,

Edited by Force

Since Revell is doing this as a partnership with Foose one would easily assume that Foose is footing some or all of the bill for these first two kits at least. With outside funding alternative options from the tools is not as big an issue as if Revell were footing 100% of the bill.

Since Revell is doing this as a partnership with Foose one would easily assume that Foose is footing some or all of the bill for these first two kits at least. With outside funding alternative options from the tools is not as big an issue as if Revell were footing 100% of the bill.

I wouldn't assume Foose is spending any money on the tooling. More likely he is being paid some royalties for using his name and designs and Revell is looking for kits that resemble builds he has done in the past.

If I were a betting man, I would say that the "new tool" will be more like a modified version of the existing F100 kit. Don't expect it to be just like the truck as shown on TV, they would have a bunch of money tied up in a kit that would have limits on future issues due to the unique styling. 

There is no way in heck Foose is gonna foot the bill for these new kits, Revell is going to be paying HIM to use his name and designs.

IF it is a new tool I'd probably get one cause it is a cool truck but I'm willing to bet it will be based on the tooling that is older than dirt and fit like @#%*. I The reason that kit is one of them that has been chosen is probably because they have  56 F100 tooling that's been paid for since the LBJ era. 

Edited by slantasaurus