Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's Coming in 2016?

Let's hear your predictions (not your wants, wishes, and hopes) for which kits you think will be released in 2016, and by which companies.

My guesses:

Round2:

AMT '34 Ford Pickup

AMT '39/'40 Ford Sedan

AMT '59 El Camino

AMT '71 Duster 340

AMT '55 Chevy Bel Air Sedan

AMT '50 Ford

AMT '64 Mercury Comet

AMT Haulaway Trailer

AMT Caterpillar Bulldozer

MPC "Wild Hoss" Ford Bronco

MPC "Mudslinger" Jeep Commando

Lindberg "Lawman" '64 Plymouth

Revell/Monogram:

1/25 '83/4 Hurst/Olds Cutlass

1/16 Flatbed Trailer

1/24 Poison Pinto

Deal's Wheels Stink Ray

1/24 '69 Pontiac GTO

1/25 Olds Cutlass Pro Stock

1/25 Chevy S-10 Pickup

1/24 Dodge Ramcharger

Moebius' 1965 Plymouth A990 Super Stock Sedan is pretty much a definite.   But maybe an AWB is a possibility too?  

Glue kit of the current Mustang, either pre-paint or full-detail.  

2015 Corvette Z06.  

My longshot would be something in 1/12th scale, maybe a current Mustang or Corvette.  

AMT '34 Ford Pickup

AMT '39/'40 Ford Sedan

Now that Round2 bought Lindberg the 34 Ford P/U tooling is back in the AMT stable.  They're definitely going to do something with it. 

And Stevens Int did an exclusive run of the 39/40 Tudor a few years back, so we know that tooling is good.  Hope both of these get the full parts restoration treatment. 

Edited by Brett Barrow

Stevens Int did an exclusive run of the 39/40 Tudor a few years back, so we know that tooling is good.  Hope both of these get the full parts restoration treatment. 

I figured that was a fairly safe beet since the '40 coupe and sedan delivery have both been reissued in Original Art series boxes semi-recently, too.

My longshot would be something in 1/12th scale, maybe a current Mustang or Corvette.  

I was thinking the Monogram 1/12 '67 427 Vette kit, but probably not until 2017 at the earliest?

Casey, that's a pretty long and very specific, detailed list of what you think is coming.

Based on what? Or do you have some sort of super ESP skill?

I would say based on the fact that they're mostly a bunch of re-pops......which is what we usually see.

I would sure hope we'll see some "new" stuff.

Not just the same old stuff repackaged.

I hope we'll see some subjects that haven't been done over & over again, new tools or not.

I'm not sure my heart will take another Camaro kit! :mellow:

Steve

I would sure hope we'll see some "new" stuff.

Not just the same old stuff repackaged.

I hope we'll see some subjects that haven't been done over & over again, new tools or not.

I'm not sure my heart will take another Camaro kit! :mellow:

Steve

Ditto,

Anymore only something fresh / new will open my wallet .

Based on what?

Just guesses taking everything into account. Anyone who knows for sure couldn't say, so the rest of us plebs are left to guess. :lol:

We've seen other AMT/MPC kits which Model King had a hand in recently reissued by Round2, so I don't think it's a stretch to suspect a few more will follow. The '39/'40 Ford Sedan, MPC Jeep Commando, and '64 Comet all fall under that category, so I guess we'll see if any of them happen. Round2 has released the '40 Ford Coupe and Sedan Deliveries, too, and it's been a few years since the Sedan was last out.

It seems Revell is putting a little more time and money into some of it's Tom Daniel reissues, doing some backdating instead of simply straight reissuing some of his kits, so why not the Poison Pinto? It wasn't massively modified when was reissued as the Pinto Street Rod, and it was last out in 1995 or so as part of the SSP, so it might be a candidate.

Revell 31 Model A coupe  2n 1..(based on the "new" 29.)

I got the feeling from Brett's comments (and from the late-ish 2015 release date of the '29 Roadster) the Model A coupe won't arrive for at least a year, but we'll find put eventually.

I figured that was a fairly safe beet since the '40 coupe and sedan delivery have both been reissued in Original Art series boxes semi-recently, too.

I was thinking the Monogram 1/12 '67 427 Vette kit, but probably not until 2017 at the earliest?

I meant something all-new, but yeah a reissue of that would be nice. They could Foose it like the Camaro. 

A bold prediction>>>

Revell 31 Model A coupe  2n 1..(based on the "new" 29.)

Especially bold seeing that we've already seen pictures of test shots. :D

I see some kits on that list Casey that I would buy, hope you are fairly accurate.

I would add that Revell could likely give us another version of a first generation Camaro based on their recent issue. Maybe a '68?

I would expect a 67 Pace Car (hidden headlight convertible) given their penchant for pace cars.  Totally forgot about that one or I would have put it on my list. 

Edited by Brett Barrow
goofed said 68

I would expect a 68 Pace Car (hidden headlight convertible) given their penchant for pace cars.  Totally forgot about that one or I would have put it on my list. 

The '68 Pace Car was a Torino convertible.  First Generation Camaros were Pace Cars in 1967 and 1969.