Model Cars Magazine Forum

TRON car "Now with more black lite!"

Kennyboy

Always wanted to do this and finally pulled the trigger on it. Completed this in a weekend.

I used the Monogram Lambo Diablo for my donor. Wheels/tires are from the Pontiac Banshee (because they had the right look for a future type build.) Paint was achieved by basecoating the entire car with white lacquer, then sprayed lightly with Krylon glow in the dark blue (thats right it glows in the dark too!), then using 3m blue painters tape I cut strips about 1/16" wide and went about applying.......sprayed over the body with high temp engine semi gloss black (decanted and airbrushed.) Let me know what you think!

P1010801_zpsmj1vdpbv.jpg

P1010788_zpsfmutagmc.jpg

P1010790_zpsclmd2wcm.jpg

P1010789_zps4n4ez1kx.jpg

P1010785_zps4deywu8q.jpg

P1010792_zpslogwwnlh.jpg

Edited by Kennyboy

try taking a photo in regular light with the camera on a tripod, then (without moving the model or the camera) take a photo with only blacklight. (long exposure may be required)

then a little photoshop magic can superimpose the glowing lines onto the white lighted version of the photo.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support! 

Hey Rob, I know what show you are talking about......it was a Lamborghini Countach LP500 done up like this. The main character had a little guy around him he called cursor. AUTOMAN!

94a39cc9347931c932c36833cd391f6a.jpg

That's the one! Thanks man.