Model Cars Magazine Forum

ProTouring 1970 Cuda with a 2.4 Turbo 4cyl

Impalow

Ya man I was waiting for this to show up.

WOW Eric ! That silhouette cutter realy paid for itself there, try cutting all that by hand (wavy:()

Very very clean building, the only thing I would change, those front turn signals,..small button light on front of dam, maybe. ? If at all

Exceptional skills there Man

Cheers

Thank you all for the comments and compliments!  It really means a lot!

Holy......l'm speechless, you have amazing ideas, and scratch building skills. This is really neat and totally different...have you any idea how many hours you have in this model. She's a beauty.

Thank you!  Honestly, I have no idea, it was off and on the bench since about July of last year.. but i really started working on it full time starting the 1st of the year.   So lets say about 4 months working an average of 4-5 nights a week for a few hours. 

Ya man I was waiting for this to show up.

WOW Eric ! That silhouette cutter realy paid for itself there, try cutting all that by hand (wavy:()

Very very clean building, the only thing I would change, those front turn signals,..small button light on front of dam, maybe. ? If at all

Exceptional skills there Man

Cheers

Thank you Bruce! Yeah those turn signals were a bit of a thorn in my side during the last part of the build, they look better in person than in the photos. But still funky..  I agree with the small lights, it was just too late at that point... oh well... notes for the next build.

I keep looking at these pics over and over, and I'm impressed by how everything is so seamless and just "goes together"! When I first saw this thread, I thought "HERESY!" a four cylinder in a 'Cuda?? Well, I gotta say, that engine just looks right sitting in its bay, and I wouldn't have thought 3D printing could be pulled off this nice! Your bodywork and paint are excellent, and really helps the lines of this Gen 'Cuda than take away from it.

I'm gonna add that 3D printing is the definite wave of the future! I'm looking into maybe getting one of those printers in the future as the prices are coming down, There's just stuff that won't be available..........unless we make it ourselves.

Very, VERY impressive work!! B)

The title of your post almost made me dismiss it outright.  If it weren't for the word Cuda, I may not have looked but then that would have been my loss.  I'm so glad I took al look.

Your model is fantastic!  Really great ideas and execution.  Congrats!!

I keep looking at these pics over and over, and I'm impressed by how everything is so seamless and just "goes together"! When I first saw this thread, I thought "HERESY!" a four cylinder in a 'Cuda?? Well, I gotta say, that engine just looks right sitting in its bay, and I wouldn't have thought 3D printing could be pulled off this nice! Your bodywork and paint are excellent, and really helps the lines of this Gen 'Cuda than take away from it.

I'm gonna add that 3D printing is the definite wave of the future! I'm looking into maybe getting one of those printers in the future as the prices are coming down, There's just stuff that won't be available..........unless we make it ourselves.

Very, VERY impressive work!! B)

Frame this,...Pin this,...Lock this,,... Now :lol::lol::lol: