Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bantam Fuel Altered - New pics 1-7

Codi

Hi Tim,

Congratulations on getting this one over the finish line! It's been fun to ride along with you on not only this, but the previous thread where this all began. I thank you for sharing the triumphs and tragedies along the way with all of us. There surely has been a lot to be learned and seeing what's possible, even in 1/25 scale. I've seen things on this build at this scale that I have never seen before (and may never again!) and have been astounded with every post, to be sure. Looking forward to anything you do next!

-Art

• 2 weeks later...

Apologize for the delay in responding.  Thank you Art for the wonderful sentiments.  It was a long time coming that's for sure.  Same to you Dave (Goatguy) and the next time I see you I'll be sure to show you the car.   Cheers fellas!

Hi Tim......I am so very sorry for my delayed respond to this OUTSTANDING finished model of yours.....this model has brought joy to my eyes and I am so thankful for all the work you shared with us.....you Sir are a truly gifted soul.....thank you for the friendship you have given me......??

• 7 months later...

Congratulations Tim.....
On your winnings for this years First DSC 2020 Online Model Car Contest:

Class Winner, Best Detail, Best Engine and of course Best Of Show......
Tim you are an Awesome Builder and should be proud of your first Model Car Show in 50 years.....I see a very bright future for you my friend.??

1 hour ago, John Teresi said:

Congratulations Tim.....
On your winnings for this years First DSC 2020 Online Model Car Contest:

Class Winner, Best Detail, Best Engine and of course Best Of Show......
Tim you are an Awesome Builder and should be proud of your first Model Car Show in 50 years.....I see a very bright future for you my friend.

Congratulations Tim!

Being relatively new with online model cars exposition (or any forum) I wasn't aware of this online contest but I can say without a doubt that your Bantam will remain a benchmark for the amazing quality of its construction.  I wasn't a member of this forum when you created this opus so I want to raise my hat to you for this extraordinary work, simply the best 1/25 model car I have ever seen!

Tim... Congrats my friend on your big wins. So well deserving on this build. Your craftmanship is top notch and you have set the bar for drag builds for sure. I hope that I get to see this Beauty in person one day. You are definitely an inspiration for me. Thanks for always sharing your work with us. Again Job well done on this build.

Congratulations Tim!   I  didn't discover this thread till a couple of days ago but I went through every page of it and it is just jaw dropping!   Thank you for being an inspiration and a teacher  to the rest of us modelers.  Both you and Tim have really pushed me to push my boundaries.  I'll  never get to the level you and Tim achieve but you both have made me a better modeler.  THANK YOU!

Edited by Ian McLaren

Let me add to the congratulations on a near sweep of the Master classes in the Dessert Scale Classic! Your Bantam is an outstanding piece of work. Simply amazing! I enjoyed following it's construction from start to finish. A well deserved win; one of many to come. 

I want to acknowledge each of you properly:

John Teresi - Thank you and also for the insights on how to save the paint job........that was driving me nuts but it turned out great!  cheers

Francis - In our house, we play "word of the day".....OPUS is not one I've heard in a long long time.  Good one and THANKS for the kind words.  I

Chris - Ah, Chris.  I can't tell you how many times I went through your Vega Funny thread learning new things along the way to assist me in building the Bantam.  Hard to believe this came about right after I dropped the Henry.  Now, about that little project of YOURS we've been going back and forth on..........

Ian -  Wow, you read the whole thread?  Now I know what you did over the Memorial Day weekend.  Thanks for posting and the compliment. 

Scott - Thank you too sir.  There were many quality builds submitted and I'm pleased to have done as well as I did that's certain.  The interior on Steve Guthenmillers 442 (along with the rest of the car) was something to see and the Best Paint winner (sorry, can't remember their name) was darn sweet too.

Dave, yeah, let's celebrate this summer!  Thanks too for answering all my annoying questions and the advice you shared on machining along the way.  I never could have made this without your insights and knowledge that you shared.  You're a good friend and mentor! 

Jimmy - I was looking for some info last evening when this thread popped back up and I came across your post about half way through the thread.  Nice to hear from you again and thanks for the kind words.  

Bob - From the Henry to the Bantam, you've been a loyal follower of my builds and always offered encouragement.  Thank you for that and your continued interest.    

Cheers Everyone, Tim

• 4 weeks later...

Today I received a wonderful package from the members of the Cactus Car Modelers for their recently hosted on-line contest the Desert Scale Classic.   I am more than impressed with the quality of the awards themselves and of course the recognition that the Bantam received.  I'm not sure who designed the trophies or picked the colors etc. but I can share that they're simply beautiful.  This bespeaks the kind of club and organization they are.  I want to say THANK YOU to all the members for going out of their way to host the event when everything else was cancelled.  It was easy to enter and fun to boot.  Hopefully there will be more like it.  Cheers!  Tim

DSC 0136

10 hours ago, Codi said:

Today I received a wonderful package from the members of the Cactus Car Modelers for their recently hosted on-line contest the Desert Scale Classic.   I am more than impressed with the quality of the awards themselves and of course the recognition that the Bantam received.  I'm not sure who designed the trophies or picked the colors etc. but I can share that they're simply beautiful.  This bespeaks the kind of club and organization they are.  I want to say THANK YOU to all the members for going out of their way to host the event when everything else was cancelled.  It was easy to enter and fun to boot.  Hopefully there will be more like it.  Cheers!  Tim

DSC 0136

Tim!

Thank you so much for participating in dscV16!  Your Bantam just blew the doors off the other 421 Entries, and there were some plenty fantastic builds!!  We consider  it an honor that you entered that amazing model.  It - and the other exceptional Entries really gave our judges a workout.

Thank you for the kind words about our Event. We did not want the Coronavirus to beat us out of 2020, so we hit upon the idea of the Virtual Venue. We’re very happy it was so well received, and we truly enjoyed presenting it.

One more note, if I may.  We’re very proud of the awards. We wanted them to be attractive, classy, and unique. Glad you liked them!

Congratulations on your well-earned wins!!

Come see us next April at Desert Scale Classic 17!

-Danno-