Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW 411

Vilperi

Haven´t being around for a while but thought i could share one of my latest build. I have no idea if the 411 was ever sold in US.

This is an resin kit from Airtrax and mastered by Juha Airio completed whit parts from Revell VW camper and beetle kits.

DSC03041_zpsfc846d4b.jpg

DSC03042_zps8f782cbb.jpg

Edited by Vilperi
Wrong picture

WOW! Haven't seen one of those in YEARS! And yes, those were sold here! I knew a family that had a four door one back in the early '80's, but unfortunately was totaled in an accident. :(

VERY NICE JOB! Hmmm...............looks like I'll be spending some more money with AirTrax down the road------I already have their nice Volvo P1800 which NO ONE else offers!

Bill, is that Volvo still available? 

Bruce, I'm not sure as I bought mine years ago.

Tapani offers some unique subjects that I doubt we'll ever see by anyone else. If you check my Fokti album, I have pics of the Volvo kit. Unfortunately, his kits are a bit on the high side due to the Euro/Dollar relationship, but you can best bet you'll be one of the few that has these oddball models on the show table. ;)

I don't think Tapani has a website------------maybe someone can check in to give some info how to reach him. 

Edited by MrObsessive

That VW model looks fantastic! We have a lot of those here in the UK where they are still very popular, in fact most VW aircooled cars are covered by various car clubs. A friend has a VW squareback, suitably lowered. I'd like to find a kit of a VW Brasilia.

Tapani is on here sometimes, but to order you have to email him, and he is very responsive. His email is raurata@yahoo.com

This is a post here about 7 years old than has some photos, discussion and links for anyone wanting to know more about Airtrax. I highly recommend their work and service. They make many cars not available anywhere else.

The build I have here is their old TR4 body. This was from long ago and their work far surpasses anything I say about this thick body. ;)

Where can I buy this modelkit? 

Please help me when you .................................

Best Regards,

Ton

Tapani is on here sometimes, but to order you have to email him, and he is very responsive. His email is raurata@yahoo.com

This is a post here about 7 years old than has some photos, discussion and links for anyone wanting to know more about Airtrax. I highly recommend their work and service. They make many cars not available anywhere else.

The build I have here is their old TR4 body. This was from long ago and their work far surpasses anything I say about this thick body. ;)

Thanks for all positive comments. It´s really fun to build these oddballs as they seem to bring back memories for many peoples.

Airtrax kits are not complete kits and take some donorkits and some scratch building to make it complete.

On this I used an T3 bus engine wich isn´t factory correct but close enough for me. Suspension is built from modified AMT enginestands

and various evergreen strips.