Model Cars Magazine Forum

revell 4Q2016 Release Annoucement

Looks like some seat insert decals but I would have loved it to be the Z06.

Nothing on the flyer says it's the Easy Glue version.  Oh well..not good.

I confirmed with Revell that the Skill Level 4 designation meant Easy Glue and they added that it will be molded in White.  I pined on the Z06 since Chevy dealers here say about 70% or more of the C7's are Z06's.  Revell indicated the Z06 would mean a New Tool and there is no desire to do that.  I've thrown the idea of a Z06 out to outfits like Plamoz and C1 Models.  Plamoz is bringing out transkits on several new cars, including a Z28 based on the Revell 2010 Camaro kit.  C1 has already brought out a transkit for the C7 that makes it more of a wide body.  But a Z06 would require some interior mods as well.

775074_1197032990321932_3563548840490562

Edited by Exotics_Builder

Come to think of it, I do believe an early Bronco was listed among those things in the "Wish List" I posted about at the NNL East. It wasn't in the initial page that I took a pic of, but I do remember seeing it later on listed. Now tooling one of these up takes some time of course, and this was in the planning stage maybe a few years ago.

Nevertheless, this is a MUCH WANTED subject and it's been a looooong time coming! :D

So No one's excited about the Grim Reaper bike? 1/8 Revell bikes are INSANE!

Talk about FeeBay prices!!

STOKED!

The Grim Reaper actually originated as a Monogram tool. It has been reissued many times in different guises, one of them being the "Freedom Chopper."

The Pro-Street Berretta, how far off from a pro stock car was it?

The Beretta uses the chassis from the Dobbertin Pontiac J-2000 pro street...no rear suspension to speak of.  The 1:1 J-2000 did run but seldom moved under its own power, was pretty much a trailer queen.

The Grim Reaper actually originated as a Monogram tool. It has been reissued many times in different guises, one of them being the "Freedom Chopper."

Is it safe to assume that this is also the same kit as the "L.A. Street Chopper"?

Yaaaa Bronco !! And love seeing the Black Widow/150 Sedan back. Now if They'd only do a 210 sedan.

I'd like that too, but I can hear the cries if "another 57 Chevy, @#$%^&* !!!" from the anti 32 Ford, Tri Five Chevy and Camaro bunch. Meanwhile we have no 56 Bel Airs, 57 210's, non Nomad wagons, sedan deliverys, good 55 or 57 Nomads, 56 Convertibles  and on and on......

Gonna be nice to have that Bronco! I bought one of the resin kits and it is very crude, so anything would be better than what I got. Hopefully someone tools up a half cab for it, remember that being popular with some service stations in the 70's.

It would be great if the Bronco is a 3n1 with both tops (and therefore easily built as a roadster too).

...and/or both the 6 and the V8 

The wheels in the ad look kinda tiny....easily fixed, if so, i guess.  

I also hope they get the "too high" roof right (memories of the recent "chopped" 90 Mustang kits come to mind).

Really looking forward to this one.....and I'm very glad it's coming from Revell and not Moebius.

Edited by mike 51

As many have already posted, I too, am looking forward to the release of this new Bronco.  It will be an interesting kit to have in-hand.  The 1:1 Bronco's had a 92" wheelbase and were about 150" in length.  That should translate to a 1/25 body that's barely 6" long! 

I confirmed with Revell that the Skill Level 4 designation meant Easy Glue and they added that it will be molded in White.  I pined on the Z06 since Chevy dealers here say about 70% or more of the C7's are Z06's.  Revell indicated the Z06 would mean a New Tool and there is no desire to do that.  I've thrown the idea of a Z06 out to outfits like Plamoz and C1 Models.  Plamoz is bringing out transkits on several new cars, including a Z28 based on the Revell 2010 Camaro kit.  C1 has already brought out a transkit for the C7 that makes it more of a wide body.  But a Z06 would require some interior mods as well.

775074_1197032990321932_3563548840490562

Thanks Gary. I have the C1 Models Vette wide body. I am not crazy about the fender flairs. I may only use the hood front & rear spoilers and side skirts.